Another good day at BB Wide FAD

GoingFishing

After last weeks success we planned another trip to the Botany Wide FAD. Conditions were forecast to be quite good but there was a bit of slop which made the trip a little slow and uncomfortable.

Had a mate come 30 mins late so whilst i was waiting for him i burleyed up in the hope of some live bait but instead scored a nice bream. 

Eventually stocked up with 15 nice livies and headed out.. well the dollies were ravenous and it took all of 20 minutes between 4 of us for the livies to get eaten. My mate scored a nice 85cm model on his first cast, not bad for his first dolly ever and the smile on his face said it all. He was stoked. Dad had a 90cm fish take a livie on Impact it was quite the the spectacle the fish took the livie jumped out of the water spat it out and came back for it all within 3m of the boat right under our nose.

We ended up with a nice bag of fish and what a great day on the water.

Botany Wide FAD is holding some sizable fish at the moment so get out there if you  can guys!

thanks for reading 

Sam

IMG_3313.PNG

IMG_3314.PNG

IMG_3304.PNG

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Yowie said:

Great effort there, nice fish.

Thanks Yowie. Very different to last year where i got only 3 all under 40cm !!

44 minutes ago, Rock&Beach said:

Yep that is an awesome day out. Enjoy the feed. Cheers R&B

Cheers mate thanks, theyre great on the bbq

48 minutes ago, tyrone07 said:

Well done, did a lot better then we did today, Dollies at Terrigal Fad we’re small and had lock jaw

Thanks mate, theyre like that sometimes mate you can see them around but no takes. Were u live baiting?

1 hour ago, masterfisho7 said:

Nice report and some fine fish well done

Cheers mate

5 hours ago, Fishsolo said:

Amazing catches wish i could go out again best day 2 weeks ago absolutely loved catching dollies

Theyre so much fun arent they. Hard fighting and acrobatics ?

6 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Good times Sam! There’s feed for the bbq there!! Well done :) 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Cheers scratchie. You been getting at at the PS FAD?

8 hours ago, Ribs said:

Nice dollies there Sam, great pics

Thanks Ribs

6 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Nice effort! Well done! I’m waiting for the right conditions to head to Port Stephens FAD. Been a long time since I caught a dolly!

I hope the weather clears up for you mate. Have you given it a try this year yet?

6 hours ago, Omally said:

Man wish I didn't get seasick so I could catch fish like that... Top stuff

My dad used to get seasick alot and over time he got better. He has a brother who works on ships in Denmark and swears that the danish beleive in eating a green apple before going out to sea.....  seems to work?

22 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Thanks Yowie. Very different to last year where i got only 3 all under 40cm !!

Cheers mate thanks, theyre great on the bbq

Thanks mate, theyre like that sometimes mate you can see them around but no takes. Were u live baiting?

Cheers mate

Theyre so much fun arent they. Hard fighting and acrobatics ?

Cheers scratchie. You been getting at at the PS FAD?

Thanks Ribs

I hope the weather clears up for you mate. Have you given it a try this year yet?

My dad used to get seasick alot and over time he got better. He has a brother who works on ships in Denmark and swears that the danish beleive in eating a green apple before going out to sea.....  seems to work?

Have to try that one ?

10 minutes ago, Smasher said:

Nice work!!!

Kwell is the ducks nuts for sea sickness. Take half an hour BEFORE you get in the boat. 

Agree kwells is the best iv seen... my dad still takes one for good measure (with his green apple). Before we leave the house