Jervis Bay kings & snapper 7/4/18

Tdogz

Hey raiders 

sorry for the week late report been busy so you’ll get last weeks and this weeks report today! 

So was no plan to fish had I didn’t have my normal fishing buddies with me but the boys said they would be keen to go out so that was enough for me 

get to the boat ramp and the whole of jervis Bay was like a lake not a whisper of wind 

shoot over to couple of the yellow bouys(bait grounds) bait was everywhere but not taking anything then I saw about 30 quick silver flashes fly through it was school of bonito smashing them managed 2 yakkas between the wave , straight back out for livies and within minutes one of the boys have a bonito in the boat 

decided it was a lost cause so headed straight over to king grounds as had frozen squid from last trip we were met with heaps of bait on the sounder 

so squid strips down and the first rod goes off my 4000 stradic with unstoppable force! The boys are in disbelief then my other mates rod goes off and he barely holds on as it starts running mind you he had never caught a fish in his life! 63cm king surfaces and he’s stocked! the look on his face when I tell him it has to go back was priceless  .. 10 mins later smoked on the stradic again! Then mate catches his 2nd fish and a 43cm snapper comes up! 

5 mins later he’s starting to get seasick and boom over the side he’s out within seconds haha

me and my other mate keep fishing and manages a 75cm kingfish 

not one fish caught by me but personal best for both the boys Unfortunately have to come in some of the calmsest conditions I have ever fished due to sea sickness 

Cheers TdogZ 

tightlines!

05047286-A181-46C8-B10B-B573AA5CCF7E.jpeg

2AB348F3-2977-4EB8-B90A-B51F677E02E4.jpeg

Edited by Tdogz