Squid again

rickmarlin62

Did a late one last night on local jetty  managed bag limit of twenty  and the night before bagged out as well  hope the reds are hungry   wont be chasin em this wknd with 40knot winds forecast  ggrrr  comp wknd of course.rick

20180508_222246.jpg

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, jeffb5.8 said:

I So need to learn how to target squid, the only time I catch them is when with a mate and the squid are prolific, otherwise I never find them or know which colour Jig to use.

I started to improve when I decided to dedicate whole trips to catching squid.

Don’t get to caught up in colours just get a few jigs in the zone and see what happens.   Switch jigs and/or move spots if it isn’t happening. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

went again tonite  bagged by 8.30....caught heaps n gave them to others.....frezers lookin good...rick

Gunna need a bigger freezer!

Edited by Welster
Typo

I have been doing a bit of the same down my way lately Rick, successfully, but not nearly as successful as you!  Might be to do with location, but I'm keen to know how you go about targeting them to see if I can replicate your success.

On 5/9/2018 at 11:43 AM, jeffb5.8 said:

I So need to learn how to target squid, the only time I catch them is when with a mate and the squid are prolific, otherwise I never find them or know which colour Jig to use.

Have you read the article by Slinkymalinky Jeff? Looks like there's lots of good advice in it mate. Cheers,bn