Joining the weekday fishing brigade

Fab1

Well, ill be finally joining the brigade officially after next week as i have tossed in my old job and started a new job and chapter in my working life.

Im expecting fewer people on the waterways/ramps etc.

What are the other pluses that so many weekend anglers miss out on?

Hey Fabian,

You are not wrong there.. its a lot quieter during the week.

Still, sometimes I think when there are fewer boats around there can be a less action.

Its a bit like a beach full of tailor fisherman is a good thing because it keeps the fish around longer.  I suspect that more bait and movement in the water when there are a few boats around can get the fish on the bite.

Anyway ... enjoy the solitude and the free run on the ramp! 

Cheers

Jim

18 minutes ago, fragmeister said:

Hey Fabian,

You are not wrong there.. its a lot quieter during the week.

Still, sometimes I think when there are fewer boats around there can be a less action.

Its a bit like a beach full of tailor fisherman is a good thing because it keeps the fish around longer.  I suspect that more bait and movement in the water when there are a few boats around can get the fish on the bite.

Anyway ... enjoy the solitude and the free run on the ramp! 

Cheers

Jim

Lol.I don't think I'll notice the fewer fish around as I hardly am the fishing guru that catches more often than not.I enjoy just being out there and having a crack taking in the beautiful surroundings the waterways around Sydney have to offer.

2 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Well, ill be finally joining the brigade officially after next week as i have tossed in my old job and started a new job and chapter in my working life.

Im expecting fewer people on the waterways/ramps etc.

That’s awesome fab1 I can’t wait for the reports when I’m working.   I think the better fish are caught in the estuaries on the weekdays.    You can stalk Yowie too.

2 hours ago, Fab1 said:

They miss out on the looks from the missus when you want to go fishing but there’s a family function or social event on. Saves a fight! Just fish on weekdays! ? Even when I have a weekend off work, I usually don’t bother going fishing - I prefer the quieter weekdays. I also tend to avoid fishing in school holidays.

Edited by Berleyguts

8 hours ago, Welster said:

That’s awesome fab1 I can’t wait for the reports when I’m working.   I think the better fish are caught in the estuaries on the weekdays.    You can stalk Yowie too.

I was thinking if I'm going to stalk him I'll gear up in scuba and sika flex myself to his hull like a barnacle as he'll recognise my boat.I may even bring my little 10cm bream and switch them with his fish as he brings his to the boat each time to save the hacking fish populations.?

8 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

They miss out on the looks from the missus when you want to go fishing but there’s a family function or social event on. Saves a fight! Just fish on weekdays! ? Even when I have a weekend off work, I usually don’t bother going fishing - I prefer the quieter weekdays. I also tend to avoid fishing in school holidays.

Don't blame you skipping school holidays.I avoid fishing in them,public holidays,Xmas etc like the plague.

• Haha 1

Good stuff, weekdays are a lot quieter, ramps are easier with less crowds. I fish most Mondays and Fridays, the only downside I find is I'm usually solo and sometimes when lure fishing I think its easier to figure out whats working and get onto fish with a couple of people casting different lures.

Look forward to some reports.

Guest Guest123456789

A cold beer tastes better after a hard days work and a Sunday morning fishing session is better after a week of toil IMO

I fish midweek 99.9% of the time & it is sooooo much better than trying to deal with Sydney ramp rage & the jet ski's & water skiers.

Its a great feeling sitting back, listening to the radio, catching a few fish & knowing everyone else if fighting traffic & in a hurry to get to work ?

Doing it solo is the only downside but I can deal with that!

1 minute ago, kingie chaser said:

I fish midweek 99.9% of the time & it is sooooo much better than trying to deal with Sydney ramp rage & the jet ski's & water skiers.

Its a great feeling sitting back, listening to the radio, catching a few fish & knowing everyone else if fighting traffic & in a hurry to get to work ?

Doing it solo is the only downside but I can deal with that!

I'll be doing it with my family so I don't have that worry.I agree about the morons you get on weekends.