What size boat fits

Fab1

8 hours ago, JonD said:

I looked at getting one of these and found the legalities for this state was a very grey area in using them, basicly move to QLD and you will be ok ?

That aint happening.

• 2 years later...
On 7/21/2018 at 10:20 AM, zmk1962 said:

A lot of space is lost to the trailer draw bar. You may consider a foldable design and get back 1+m in length. 

There are DIY kits out there eg

E38A89D3-7F2C-4284-9D5A-1C94203BF997.thumb.jpeg.51aeaca8901958409c62f724b5cb07f4.jpeg

Cheers 

Zoran

I did a search for “folding drawbar” and this appeared! Thanks Zoran. 🙏 

Does anyone know how this mod impacts on trailer brakes (cable)?

We are looking at selling our house (with its special boat port 😩) to downsize to a smaller, low maintenance property in the area - getting old you know! Chances are that the place we choose won’t have side access for the boat, so the folding drawbar might be the option, but I need to be sure the brakes will still be functional. I would get someone local to do the mod.

Any ideas?

My other option if we make enough by downsizing the house is to buy a bigger boat and put it on one of the local marinas! 😂 I’m not sure I can convince the missus of that, though! 😂

3 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

I did a search for “folding drawbar” and this appeared! Thanks Zoran. 🙏 

Does anyone know how this mod impacts on trailer brakes (cable)?

We are looking at selling our house (with its special boat port 😩) to downsize to a smaller, low maintenance property in the area - getting old you know! Chances are that the place we choose won’t have side access for the boat, so the folding drawbar might be the option, but I need to be sure the brakes will still be functional. I would get someone local to do the mod.

Any ideas?

My other option if we make enough by downsizing the house is to buy a bigger boat and put it on one of the local marinas! 😂 I’m not sure I can convince the missus of that, though! 😂

Check the legalities with RMS on the folding drawbar - @motiondave posted there may be some grey area...

But as an alternative this could be the go ...😁

image.png.07b8ad86e14b764adb1eaba0e496a3d9.png

Photo - courtesy of @GoingFishing who sent it to me !

Cheers Zoran

• Haha 4

On 7/22/2021 at 2:14 PM, zmk1962 said:

Check the legalities with RMS on the folding drawbar - @motiondave posted there may be some grey area...

But as an alternative this could be the go ...😁

image.png.07b8ad86e14b764adb1eaba0e496a3d9.png

Photo - courtesy of @GoingFishing who sent it to me !

Cheers Zoran

you forgot the best part !

Wife : that boat wont fit in our driveway

Husband: HOLD MY BEER!

• Like 1

Berleyguts,

Swing drawbars are legal in Australia. Years ago Imported a trailer that had one ( Karavan brand, it was part of the Brunswick corporation ). The swing was welded on but I can't see why a bolted one would be different. She had hydraulic brakes with flexi brake lines, they don't use cable brakes in USA, it worked well.

I think Felk trailers on lake Macquarie fit them to some of their boat trailers with cable brakes. You may have to disengage the cable in order to swing it.

Good luck in house hunting, I can't remember a worse time to buy a house then again I can't remember a better time to sell. The state government are the biggest winners with stamp duty and land tax.

I don't know about PS but in my area  (Hills in Sydney) everything goes to auction.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wrxhoon1 said:

Berleyguts,

Swing drawbars are legal in Australia. Years ago Imported a trailer that had one ( Karavan brand, it was part of the Brunswick corporation ). The swing was welded on but I can't see why a bolted one would be different. She had hydraulic brakes with flexi brake lines, they don't use cable brakes in USA, it worked well.

I think Felk trailers on lake Macquarie fit them to some of their boat trailers with cable brakes. You may have to disengage the cable in order to swing it.

Good luck in house hunting, I can't remember a worse time to buy a house then again I can't remember a better time to sell. The state government are the biggest winners with stamp duty and land tax.

I don't know about PS but in my area  (Hills in Sydney) everything goes to auction.

Thanks @wrxhoon1 (my son would rather have a Silvia 😂😂). I’ll look into that if necessary. It’s certainly a great time to sell here in Port Stephens and yes, pretty much everything goes to auction. We were going to auction but accepted an offer yesterday and we hadn’t even gone live yet. Our agent found the buyer from her database. We’ve made an offer on a smaller place, hoping to buy before it goes to auction - just playing the waiting game at the moment. So stressful! 😂