Port Stephens- Had to go for a spin!!

Scratchie

G’day raiders,

Firstly, happy Father’s Day to all you dads out there! 

Well, the family was kind to me this morning and after waking up late (6:30am haha) I had an amazing breakfast fit for a king and a nice coffee too! Then they broke out the Father’s Day gifts and low and behold there was some fishing gear!!! (I might have circled the catalog and added weights, line class etc) 

F6A5D2FD-CFBA-4E3F-8128-F0500A49EABC.thumb.jpeg.d2261712be1a93805761910b91dea839.jpegAnyway, I rigged them up and  had a bit of a play with the gear. The weather up here has been shocking and today is no different so I didn’t think I get to use them today. But I checked the tide, the rain died off and thought bugger it. So me and no2 went to find a spot to hide from the wind. First spot no good, so we decided to walk about. 2nd and 3rd spot the same. Tried for one more spot when the boy goes I think we are tangled. So I wind in vigorously and bang I loaded up to a nice tailor. For the next hour we absolutely poled them in with many double hook ups and a good laugh to go with it! I also got one up on the boy winning 11-9. Then the dolphins showed up and with that went the bite. Back home now and a beer with lunch doesn’t get much better than that. 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

3D5D415A-2701-40C6-8092-900403D5A8BC.thumb.jpeg.93bab308a18887b0133623fdebca1b97.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

Great stuff, Jeff! You’re right, the weather has been crap! Now... I’m just trying to think where those rocks are... ??

All on plastics?

I’m hoping to get out in the boat on Wednesday if the weather's OK. (It’s been too long!). Chance of showers, light nor’easter, moderate SSE swell. Hope it behaves!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Berleyguts said:

Great stuff, Jeff! You’re right, the weather has been crap! Now... I’m just trying to think where those rocks are... ??

All on plastics?

I’m hoping to get out in the boat on Wednesday if the weather's OK. (It’s been too long!). Chance of showers, light nor’easter, moderate SSE swell. Hope it behaves!

Wanda headland baz! Plenty of good fish around there! 

And yes mate, all on plastics 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice one Scratchie, happy fathers day mate, weather was pretty crappy up the coast this weekend, I didnt get a chance to have a flick, bad luck about the dolphins showing up, so ill leave you with a quote for them "Dolphins. They think they're so cute. Oh, look at me, I'm a flippy little dolphin, let me flip for you. 

• Like 1

That's the way bro, happy Father's Day.  Not a bad way to spend it. 

I spent the day cooking and eating and watching my doggies get beat for the last time this year, I'll bring u up a spoon when up there next for your teams efforts ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ribs said:

That's the way bro, happy Father's Day.  Not a bad way to spend it. 

I spent the day cooking and eating and watching my doggies get beat for the last time this year, I'll bring u up a spoon when up there next for your teams efforts ?

Same to you mate! Haha, no spoon for me this year! We came ninth. Go you tigers! 

Got spoiled Scratchie... good stuff! 

I have one of them rods too, they are excellent with plastics, they are super smooth on the retrieve and feel real nice to use, the only problem we had with ours is the bloody little knob to tighten the handle kept coming loose before eventually breaking off... happened to all 3 we had.  

9 hours ago, garfield28 said:

Got spoiled Scratchie... good stuff! 

I have one of them rods too, they are excellent with plastics, they are super smooth on the retrieve and feel real nice to use, the only problem we had with ours is the bloody little knob to tighten the handle kept coming loose before eventually breaking off... happened to all 3 we had.  

Thanks Geoff. 

Yep same thing happens on mine. I basically got it so the kids don’t use my good rods! Haha ?

• Like 1