Is it just me?

Fufu

Hey guys

Just a quick question. My last two fishing trips have resulted in no fish. 

I’m find there’s a lot of seaweed at the moment. Almost hair like. I’ve been fishing land based with a size 4 sinker and size 4 long shank mostly for nippers. 

Normally im ok and catch a few here and there but the last two trips have been shocking. Every time I wind in to  check on the bait the seems to be a massive ball of seaweed around the sinker and bait. 

In the end I had to resort to float fishing. Is anyone else having this issue?

Fufu

33 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Where and when would be the obvious questions  if u need help

First spot was Drummoyne and second spot was Clifton gardens 

I spoke to my local tackle store and he is confident it’s sea grass that has “sprung” for spring.  

I guess the next question is will stay a while or die off. Really frustrating at times.

Fufu

On 9/20/2018 at 4:38 PM, Fufu said:

First spot was Drummoyne and second spot was Clifton gardens 

I spoke to my local tackle store and he is confident it’s sea grass that has “sprung” for spring.  

I guess the next question is will stay a while or die off. Really frustrating at times.

Fufu

Lots of it here in Brisbane Water.  Slimy brown filimentous algae that coats the bait and the sinker every time you wind it in.

I think it’s Hincksia sordida, which causes nuisance algae blooms on the east coast in spring. Certainly not seagrass. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Volitan said:

Lots of it here in Brisbane Water.  Slimy brown filimentous algae that coats the bait and the sinker every time you wind it in.

I think it’s Hincksia sordida, which causes nuisance algae blooms on the east coast in spring. Certainly not seagrass. 

Well being algae it should hopefully die off soon and allow things to return to normal

Fufu