Possible Aust or WR - has been weighed in at 1431 lb or 649.87kgs

mrsswordfisherman

Report courtesy Port Hacking GFC

This big girl was caught yesterday up off Lady Musgrave at the bottom of the GBR onboard “ Too Easy “ with the measurements of 12ft SL and 7ft girth. 
With those numbers this fish is truely a monster and has the potential to be around the Australian and possibly even WR which are 1440 and 1560 respectively. 
The fish won’t be weighed until later this afternoon/evening as they are running back to the Gold Coast for certified scales etc. 

Now weighed in 1431 lb

(courtesy of fb Fishing with Scotty) EPIC Fish caught off the top of Fraser Island just weighed at our Urangan Marina Hervey Bay Qld - Black Marlin 1431lbs ( 649.87kgs ) Boat is "Too Easy II " from the Gold Coast - Angler is Rob Crane who spent 2 hours mostly up on sunset on 130lb tackle - fish ate a hand crafted "Gagey Super Plunger" in "Pinky" pattern - Skipper is Russel Gage , Crew - Terry Parker & Elliot Muller

6F7D19E8-1EEF-43CC-BFCE-8ABA2B6E3FB5.jpegF1E5B001-0A92-4438-B721-260BDF6D9CC0.jpeg00DC412A-A69E-4CF3-BAA9-89EB6199FB11.jpegDBD8E911-601F-4FEC-9A9F-FF552DFB514E.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Oz98 said:

I asumme the fish will be consumed right?! 

Generally not. I know with the inter club Comp up here they donate the carcus to fisheries for research. Not only that, a blue marlin does not release well and normally fights to the death. 

• Like 1

It's a black Jeff  marlin that size have way too higher levels of mercury and selenium to eat  at that size it would be close to the end of its breeding days... 99% of large fish are released these days so I have no problem with someone taking this fish as they thought it could beat the record   congrats to them on an excellent capture   I hope no one bags them for killing this fish as its every anglers choice to keep or release fish of any kind    please keep this in mind before putting shit on these guys   ...Rick   ps  I tagged n released a blue 400kg plus in 2008  and if the gaffs had been out we would have taken it for a prize weighin  but it broke off and  I wasn't upset at all...rick

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Generally not. I know with the inter club Comp up here they donate the carcus to fisheries for research. Not only that, a blue marlin does not release well and normally fights to the death. 

Ah right, yes I think the meat would be far too tough and leathery to consume at this size.

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

It's a black Jeff  marlin that size have way too higher levels of mercury and selenium to eat  at that size it would be close to the end of its breeding days... 99% of large fish are released these days so I have no problem with someone taking this fish as they thought it could beat the record   congrats to them on an excellent capture   I hope no one bags them for killing this fish as its every anglers choice to keep or release fish of any kind    please keep this in mind before putting shit on these guys   ...Rick   ps  I tagged n released a blue 400kg plus in 2008  and if the gaffs had been out we would have taken it for a prize weighin  but it broke off and  I wasn't upset at all...rick

I stand corrected rick! I was typing on the fly and didn’t look properly. 

Like you, I am trying to avoid the haters! 

Reminder to all raiders on C & R opinions! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Well said Rick

16 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

I hope no one bags them for killing this fish as its every anglers choice to keep or release fish of any kind    please keep this in mind before putting shit on these guys 

If you come across this story on Facebook, just keep scrolling! This article had over 1000+ comments on FB and I only had to read one to know what the rest were like. Made sure I hid the post so I didn't come across it again...

• 2 weeks later...