Fingal Bay land based fishing

Shepp97

Hey guys,  

I'm heading up to Fingal bay for the Australia Day weekend and will be spending a fair chunk of time on the beach, fishing.  Just wondering if anyone has been fishing there lately and can tell me what's hot there at the moment and what I should be targeting. Happy to travel to the surrounding bays to fish also. Will be throwing a few lures around as well as bait fishing so any lure/bait tips would be muchly appreciated!   

Thanks in advance, 

Daniel

At this time of year, whiting are usually the go at Fingal. You should be able to get a few but there has been a bit of red algae about. If you can get away from the algae you should be in with a shot.  Birubi Beach is less hampered by the algae. Live tube worms are the pick of the baits. There should be a few tailor about and there is the chance of a jew if the moon and tides are right.

Whiting are also on the chew at any of the beaches inside the Port from Shoal Bay to Soldiers Point. Also flathead. If you like a bit of rock fishing, the rocks below Barry Park at the southern end of Fingal are worth a shot.

Enjoy your holiday!

Edited by Berleyguts