Nambucca Heads

gazzzz

Hi 

I just arrived at Nambucca 

I haven't seen it in the daylight yet.Just wondering if anybody can point me in the right direction to go fishing.I will be land based and esp like fishing beaches.Also would like to catch some worms(i can catch worms just after local knowledge of where some maybe around this area.

I'm keen to get some live bait for Jewfish.If there is Jewfish around at the moment?

And a random question in case i go ludrick fishing.Do Ludrick freeze okay?

Thanks.

Hi Gazzz,

God's country!

Has a special place in my heart - I always get a funny feeling as I cross the river at Macksville!

But to answer your questions 

You can try for worms starting at Shelley beach and going north, although I am not sure how you will go this time of year.

I would look for holes whilst you are there worming.

Historically I have found worms and mullet strips to be effective along the beach there.

You could try for poddy mullet near the causway to the golf course. Use them at the end of the breakwall.

You could also go 15 minutes north to Valla Beach and fish the holes at the mouth of the creek there.

The tackle shop near the boat ramp gets worms during peak times. You could check in with them as well.

Enjoy.

You can get worms at shelley beach, more likely to get better worms up a bit further from shelley near the main beach

There a jewfish around all year although hard to find

Beach fishing may be an issue at the moment as we're currently having a big swell combined with king tides

If you're bait fishing landbased try tge main breakwall and along the wall on the golfclub island