Wollongong fads mahi 16/2/19

Tdogz

Hey raiders

sorry for the late report but been super busy 

Uncle recently purchased and new boat and rings me saying he’s keen to hit the fads 

I’ve never been more then 2kms offshore so to say i was  stoked would be a understatement so $200 of skirts and and tackle later....

5: 30 am start port kembla boat ramp 

Boat in water and a 2 min drive away from the boat ramp we arrive at bait grounds , within 30 mins and first light we had 25+ yakkas 

Headed out to the five islands and trolled them around within a hour half we only had 3 undersize kings biggest going 63 so we decided was time to hit the fads 

straight out the the fads were we are met with say 30+ boats sitting well off the bouy like 800m , so with only 1 boat doing drifts past the bouy we settled with that,  livies down ready to go so I started top water sticking baiting 

nothing for 15mins then out the Connor of my eye I see a school swim past the boat some of decent size some tiny my rod goes off and after a little fight I had my first mahi mahi (56cm pictured)in the boat what beautiful fish! The colours are amazing the fight not so bad ethier after this they kept comming in biggest going 65cm ,10+ fish boated  3 keepies , we decided we would head in for lunch on the way home we slow trolled a Yakka back past the island as and picked up a fat 68cm king 

back at the boat ramp by 11 

mahi shashmi is amazing! Better then kingfish in my opinion 

cheers tdogz 

Tight lines 

245BC6BE-C692-45E3-AEAF-6E5301BFBDE3.jpeg

3C9F21DE-C361-431B-9055-33C8FC9AA95F.jpeg

• Like 5