Brown and Blue Water Weekend

Ribs

Saturday - Georges River.

Footy dads inaugural fishing comp, traps in Friday arvo and then a 6am hooter start with 9 boats, midday finish.  Worked hard for 2 fish 41cm and 64cm on plastics and only 1 muddy going 1.85kg. Got beat by a 71 flaty and 2kg muddy, a few good fish caught including a 42cm whiting by one of the boys , great day out on the river with Plenty of laughs. 

Sunday - Hacking and south 

3 of us left grays pt ramp 530, picked up 3 squid at jibbon, trolled for 10 mins for 3 Bonnies , got down to wattamolla for our kings, and hooray 3  in 3 drifts, 66, 68 and 74. Then headed to the 35m line for flatys and caught about 20 ranging from 36 to 43, all male blue spots. Raced back to the ramp by 1030. IMG_4143.thumb.PNG.0e70187428bc5ed436b170f005126877.PNGIMG_4144.thumb.PNG.653d011264b45640eac5b799e2b148fe.PNGAnother cracker day! 

Off to JB next weekend, gotta love March. 

• Like 4

23 hours ago, Welster said:

Great fishing session and feed in awesome looking conditions.    Did you down rig for the kings?

It could get a little messy if you release that chocked hold on the squid! 

Nah mate, just simple squid strips on my 20lb gear, down rigging takes to much time most times unproductive. Don't worry the big green eye managed to spray all of us when my mate lifted him outta the water😡

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, Yowie said:

Nothing wrong with that lot, a great feed to be had.

Thanks yowie, the hacking and especially grays pt boat ramp was chokers when we got back, but u get that on a Sunday ! 

15 hours ago, Scratchie said:

That’s the way Craig! Nice mixed bag of species there. Good to see you out and about mate! No snapper? 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks bro, nah no snaps, we only had a small window to get out and back, So stuck to what I know and got the trifecta... squids kings flaty!

I need a snaps tutorial from the mystro one day! Easter I'll be up there

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 61 crusher said:

Sounds like you had a great weekend & a good mixed bag with the boys, nice green eye the hood alone looks bigger than the Bonnie & almost as big as some of the flatties

Yes good green eye, picked him up in the kelp off jibbon,  they get bigger though, 2.2kg is my biggest , but that one was my mates biggest so he was chuffed!