Marlin jumps in boat

Ryder

I have had a Mako jump into the boat, it's not a whole lot of fun! it chewed the fuel line to bits, wrecked the battery hold down, and tipped it over and smashed a tackle box to bits, my mate ended up jumping on its back to calm it down, while I "subdued" it.

• Haha 1

had a couple of near misses, little blacks both times, they are a bit unpredictable when they are running back at the boat, much prefer to have them running away early in the fight- I am curious if these guys had hooked the fish or if was a free jumper.

8 minutes ago, Captain Spanner said:

I heard it was a random free jumper. I think they were on their way home. I've been hit by mullet and flying fish before but this is next level.

Haha, I’d take a nice little 6 kg yellow fin hit on the way home! 

I heard they were driving home too! 

22 hours ago, noelm said:

I have had a Mako jump into the boat, it's not a whole lot of fun! it chewed the fuel line to bits, wrecked the battery hold down, and tipped it over and smashed a tackle box to bits, my mate ended up jumping on its back to calm it down, while I "subdued" it.

When I was a member of SGFC two  brothers had bought a new 21 fibreglass boat & 6 months in hooked a good mako & it got onboard & after trashing pedestal seats, side pockets, gear, etc the larger of the two got  on its back with both fists in its gills & his brother on his back they managed to toss it overboard, apparently about 17 grand damage, they never fished for sharks again in that boat 

Edited by 61 crusher

10 hours ago, Blackfish said:

This artical said they were fishing and one did see the Marlin at the last movement so maybe they had hooked it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-05-23/flying-marlin-spears-fishermen-off-coffs-harbour/11143976?WT.ac=statenews_nsw

I read a report that said they were driving their boat at 40kmh and ran over it and it flipped in.

Media, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

A bit like Usman Khawaja getting getting hit this morning playing the West Indies, one report had him getting hit on the Jaw with the ball and another getting hit on the grill of his Helmet. 

• Like 1