Great news re Jyndy trout trip

61 crusher

My fishing buddy rang me up to let me know his just booked the accomodation for our annual trout trip from Wednesday through to Monday next week & decided to call the local tackle store (Geoff Williamson’s old store) for an update & was informed the Gadden hatchery had just released approximately 200 of there old retired  stock of 5kg trout & salmon at the boat ramp & clay pits right where we are staying😎, would love to hook up to a couple of those beauties, might have to upgrade our leaders to 12 or 15 pounds😃

• Like 1

Always good to hear your odds have just increased :thumbup:

Used to work just up the road from Gadden, dropped in there one day to see some of the monsters they had in their ponds & they were monsters 😨

They do a great job of restocking the lake with fingerlings as well.

Enjoy the trip & I hope you get onto some of those 5kg+ models 👍

• Like 1

Sounds like a great trip planned. Hope you get among a few and capture one of those breeding stock fish, they would be used to feeding on pellets so might pay to try and burley them up. Let us know how you go .

Frank

• Like 1

18 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Used to work just up the road from Gadden, dropped in there one day to see some of the monsters they had in their ponds & they were monsters 😨

When I was there last year we got blown off the water so we went to the hatchery & fed some pellets to there retired stock in the pond & you’re not wrong they are absolute horses with a few elephants amongst them & even monster brook trout & my mate informed me they released the brooks as well😀

9 hours ago, frankS said:

Sounds like a great trip planned. Hope you get among a few and capture one of those breeding stock fish, they would be used to feeding on pellets so might pay to try and burley them up. Let us know how you go .

Thanks Frank 👍 sounds feasible  but we only troll lures besides at $2.50 for a couple of good handfuls of the hatchery pellets it could become expensive $$😂, by the way I should be able to catch up with you when I get back, hopefully hopefully some good photos & report when we get back 

cheers Dieter 

Edited by 61 crusher

Dieter. If you went to a poultry shop ( are they still about ) somewhere that sell wheat Sunflower rabbit pellets etc you can buy all sorts of different pellets for about $3-4 a kilo. I buy it bulk about 300k's at a time for a different reason.

Drop in whenever you get the chance, would be good to meet up and have a chat and see some photos. I love fishing around jindy.  Do you LEAD line ?.

Frank

Edited by frankS

I’ve got a 20kg bag of layer pellets I suppose if we come across them I could dump a few handfuls in a trail & then run back over them with the lures. With deep diving lures or planers in the mix the lead line gets caught up on the turns, however if running flat lines we occasionally put it out  I love fishing Jindy,  & have done quite well at Lyall over the years but somehow the Redfin have got in, a mate just got back last weekend & fished lures & bait night time bank fishing & all he caught was some small  reddies & not one trout seen or hooked from other fishos 😔🙁

Hey 61 crusher,

I hope the weather turns out better than it’s forecast down there this week mate, I think it was even looking like snow on Wednesday! I’ll be down there spinning the banks and soaking a few scrubbies over the weekend with my old man, we’re staying at the caravan park near the clay pits as well! Nice to know about the hatchery stock getting released! Be nice to snag a brooder 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻 

Sounds like you'll will miss the worst of it Dieter which is good, still a bit of snow hanging around on the Wednesday down to 1000m so might blow down that way ❄️

Still going to be very fresh though.

Id be at minimum hearing a good base layer :thumbup:

The good thing about LJ is there are plenty of places to hide from the wind & still catch fish! 

Hope you do well & look forward to seeing some reports 👍

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

still a bit of snow hanging around on the Wednesday down to 1000m so might blow down that way ❄️

Still going to be very fresh though.

Id be at minimum hearing a good base layer :thumbup:

The good thing about LJ is there are plenty of places to hide from the wind & still catch fish! 

Hope you do well & look forward to seeing some reports 👍

Thanks Adrian the good thing about this time of year is that sort of weather can fire them up if they haven’t already headed up the rivers & they tend to congregate around the bays leading to the rivers & it’s well protected🤞The only downside is having to remove the ski gloves to fight & land the fish, mind you the more my hands are cold the bigger my smile 😃😂

• Like 1

My daughter did her first trout trip just over a week ago up that way and was stoked to get 8 trout on her bream gear. Her boyfriend hit the trout creeks closer to Melbourne and scored this cracking fish.

IMG_2744.thumb.PNG.9db9dffba5aba772f3eeed4ef8ffe03e.PNG

• Like 3

On 5/28/2019 at 5:44 PM, JonD said:

My daughter did her first trout trip just over a week ago up that way and was stoked to get 8 trout on her bream gear. Her boyfriend hit the trout creeks closer to Melbourne and scored this cracking fish.

IMG_2744.thumb.PNG.9db9dffba5aba772f3eeed4ef8ffe03e.PNG

That’s a great looking rainbow, eight fish on her first session, top effort I’m assuming in the rivers on lures, what did the 🌈 measure?

• Like 1