Navionics Reload

GoingFishing

G'day Raiders

About a month ago I dropped and shattered my mobile phone. Unfortunately it is not usable and the apps and data inaccessible without repairing it.

I ended up buying a new phone.

I wrote to navionics shortly after, about a month ago asking how i can transfer my account to my new phone and still haven't heard back yet. 

Frankly I'm starting to get very peeved. Has anyone experienced this before and is there a fix?

I guess in a strange kind of way, things like this are just a legacy of the age we live in, people break/lose phones, irreplaceable photos gone (unless backed up, which most don't do) it's just something we have to deal with these days.

1 hour ago, GoingFishing said:

G'day Raiders

About a month ago I dropped and shattered my mobile phone. Unfortunately it is not usable and the apps and data inaccessible without repairing it.

I ended up buying a new phone.

I wrote to navionics shortly after, about a month ago asking how i can transfer my account to my new phone and still haven't heard back yet. 

Frankly I'm starting to get very peeved. Has anyone experienced this before and is there a fix?

I'm not sure if the marks are stored in an account or on the device. I would think you would have to set up an account to have them stored on that and then your marks become public. I wouldn't be surprised if when you backed up your phone it stored the data within the apps to the backup on your computer and if you restored your old phone backup from the computer onto your new phone, if the marks at the time of the last backup were restored onto the phone. Similar to your contacts list and other stuff. This might not be the case or it might depend on your model phone and your settings but it would be worth a shot

Don’t you just download the app from the Cloud? You’d have to add the new phone to your Apple account using your Apple login and password. I don’t know how it works for Android phones but I assume it would be similar. I had an email from Navionics yesterday about using the app on multiple devices but I deleted it, sorry.