Port Stephens- Last snapper report???

Scratchie

On 7/26/2019 at 6:56 PM, Scratchie said:

G’day raiders, 

Well I’m sure your all getting sick of me putting up many snapper reports but for me, it is the best time of year for them and my favourite type of angling! 

Today was no exception! 

Headed out with fellow raider @tyrone07 after @Woodsy1 pulled the pin last night due to illness.(get well champ) 

Anyway, conditions look promising and we headed off. Collected some live bait really easily and zoomed off to our first mark. 

Didn’t take long to find a few pannies and find some string pullers. Trouble was I couldn’t stop the bastards! They were taking livies, sps, bait and anything we could throw at them! 

Although, as soon as the wind died off, so did the bite! Had to move around several locations but I had faith I’d find them again and I sure did. 

Switched back to plastics with a good drift and was hitting up one after the other! Tyrone had a good tangle with a shark but I kept smacking some good fish! 

Started to feel a bit sorry for Tyrone as two good fish he worked hard for all day got the better of him! But to his credit he “just kept casting” except for when he was required on the net which was fairly often! 

The seas calmed to a glass off and the fish went to sleep! 

A few whales were breaching around us and it was time to head home at 30 plus knots! 

Overall we landed 26 legal fish, best one in the 70’s. Cracking day out and thanks for the netting Tyrone! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 38DFDC06-034D-4EBD-99DF-A527AE6BA1D7.jpeg.f10d54ab598a4f958e2b016488facb72.jpegD21837BA-DF33-4FE7-A671-6FF348CD5597.thumb.jpeg.8aadc0e21fbbdfe2ebb2b288a3812691.jpeg

keep those reports coming mate, your the port Stephens snapper master.

I too love Snapper fishing this time of year :) 

• Like 1