Trailer for 3m tinny

Scratchie

G’day raiders, 

Just wondering if anyone has or knows of somewhere I can get a hold of a cheap trailer for a 3m tinny! 

I managed to pick up a boat and motor for a steal and want a trailer so I can give it to my eldest for a birthday present. 

Please post here or send me a pm if you do! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Jeff. I could make you one using new components other than wheels and tyres, I have a nice set of 10 " alloys here with decent tyres that would suit, for around $500 but you would have to register it. It would need painting ( cold gal ) I don't like handling it these days but could do it at a pinch.  OR I could make you one out of used materials axle , springs,  hubs, wheels etc wouldn't look as nice for around $200 and once again you would have to register it, and paint it. But the big question is when do you need it ?, how long would I have to make it ?.

Procedure for rego : first get a new registration form from Services, get receipt from where materials were purchased ( I would supply this ) get weighbridge certificate, get BLUE slip , Take all to Services and pay money. Sometimes it's difficult to obtain Blue slip other times trailer just has to be road worthy ( which it would be ) depending on how much hassle the Blue slip inspector wants to give you.

Cheers Frank P S almost impossible to buy 2nd hand registered trailers these days.

• Like 1

My last boat (4m Stacer) needed a new trailer and I bought a new one at a place in Rydalmere for $1200 on the road, which I thought was quite reasonable at the time but possibly more than you want to spend. Still, let me know if you want the name of the place. Have you tried the trailer place on Soldiers Point Rd? 2nd hand trailers with rego are hard to find. There are 2 project trailers at $200 for both in Taree on FB Marketplace.

Thanks heaps for the replies fellas. 

I should have mentioned that there is no real timeframe. 

Im happy to travel if the trailer is registered at the right price. Not really concerned on condition if it’s registered. 

I’m not looking to pay too much as it is just a small project and will defeat the purpose of getting the boat for a bargain if I do! 

@franks thanks a million champ for your kind offer. I may take you up on that yet depending on my success on finding one first. I have your number! 

Just thought I’d put it out there to all you good folk hoping that someone may know or have one laying around! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Hi Jeff, Im sure if you jump in the car & go for a cruise around the NB there will be plenty parked on the side of the road or in driveways.

Anyway here's one that's reasonably local.

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/woodberry/trailers/14ft-tilt-trailer-12-months-rego/1228597060

The only thing that comes with not wanting to pay to much usually means more work they will need, but im sure you know that.

I couldn't wait to replace my nearly 50 year old Whitley, contemplated replacing the rear axle, rollers, skid, hubs, wheels, winch, springs, hell I thought maybe I should just spend some coin & buy a new one for $2500 which will last my life time, glad I did. 

The new Dunbier rides so well I sometimes forget I am towing, which is maybe a bad thing...………….na 😅

Good luck mate, sounds like a great gift for the young bloke :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Hi Jeff, Im sure if you jump in the car & go for a cruise around the NB there will be plenty parked on the side of the road or in driveways.

Thanks champ! 

Great idea. Tried it today on two trailers that looked perfect but no success! Will keep trying though! 👍

• 2 weeks later...

I know you're looking for a cheaper second hand one, though for < $1000 you can get some decent new trailers. I got a "Seatrail" trailer for my 13ft tinny and have had it for about 7-8 years now and its been great i think it was approx $900 registered back then.