"Waza Wobbler's'

wazatherfisherman

Waza. Making them gave me something to do and it is only appropriate that you should have a lure named after you. They will last forever without rusting and suit yourself what you do with them. 

I enjoy making different things for fishing and boating and enjoy sharing what I make amongst my friends here at Fishraider.

So if any member has something that they have seen and want  that may not be available any longer let me know and I may be able to make something similar.

Frank

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, frankS said:

So if any member has something that they have seen and want  that may not be available any longer let me know and I may be able to make something similar.

Frank

Great stuff, Frank! So... can you make a soft rubber Flopy with adjustable bib? lol 😂

3 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Great stuff, Frank! So... can you make a soft rubber Flopy with adjustable bib? lol 😂

Now that would be quiet a challenge to get them looking anything like the original.

Leave it with me for a bit and I will see what I can come up with.

Frank

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 8:18 AM, frankS said:

I enjoy making different things for fishing and boating and enjoy sharing what I make amongst my friends here at Fishraider.

Your joy of sharing & helping others Is part of what makes fishraider such a great site mate. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas 🎅🏻

• Like 1

On 12/22/2019 at 7:39 PM, dirvin21 said:

Best trout lure ever created

I’ve got one of those adjustable bibbed flopys, caught a couple of flatties years ago & back in 89 (last time used) caught My first & a couple of Barra at the base of the Ivanhoe dam in WA Kununurra, I’m assuming @dirvin21 it’s a stream or bank lure, & not used for trout trolling in dams

1 hour ago, 61 crusher said:

I’ve got one of those adjustable bibbed flopys, caught a couple of flatties years ago & back in 89 (last time used) caught My first & a couple of Barra at the base of the Ivanhoe dam in WA Kununurra, I’m assuming @dirvin21 it’s a stream or bank lure, & not used for trout trolling in dams

Great lure in streams or of edge of lakes they put out loads of flash

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2019 at 3:59 PM, Berleyguts said:

I have been searching for my floppy lures and have come to the conclusion they are down Bermagui ( Cobargo ) with the rest of my fishing gear that I have down there, nearly as much gear as I have here at home, so hope the shed is safe and has avoided the fires down there. I will get my mate to send them up to me if they have survived.

I can then have a good look and be able to tell IF I can make reasonable copies or not.

The originals I think were made in France, at least that's where mine were made.

Might take a couple of weeks for my mate to get around to sending them up. OR I could drive down for a visit when things settle down a bit.

Frank

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Green Hornet said:

I still have a couple of the soft rubber original floppys with factory fitted hooks and can post photos if you want. 

Along with the adjustable bib, they also had a plug you could remove to add a bit of water for extra weight.

A couple of detailed photos would be great thanks. Could you send them to fastrailers@optusnet.com.au or PM them to me, post on here whatever is convenient.

Frank

42 minutes ago, frankS said:

A couple of detailed photos would be great thanks. Could you send them to fastrailers@optusnet.com.au or PM them to me, post on here whatever is convenient.

Frank

Here's a photo of the Floppys for everyone to see and Frank, I will email you this, plus a top and bottom view.

Floppy Web.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Green Hornet said:

Here's a photo of the Floppys for everyone to see and Frank, I will email you this, plus a top and bottom view.

Floppy Web.jpg

Thanks heaps for the photos, they will help heaps and I will send you any results I come up with. Will be a slow project as a few household chores have crept up around my neck which must be attended to. The bloody house is falling apart.

1021591058_housedamage.thumb.jpg.a5131ec744aa32fb1e0e6327171b1feb.jpg

1074079902_housedamage2.thumb.jpg.73f3da708c35d3aef2abbf2003cd6b2d.jpg

Frank

Edited by frankS
added photos

Looks like you're on clay there Frank.

As a retired builder I'm aware how much movement there can be as clay soil dries out in conditions like these. I've seen plenty of homes with irrigation systems under the floor to control the problem.

Good luck with the fix.