Georges and the Hacking

hookerbruce

Monday afternoon the wind wasn't too bad so decided to fish the Hacking late afternoon. Not too many boats out, pumped some nippers then fished rising tide on the flats. No whiting but kept 4 bream 28-34 cm and a 46 cm trevally. 

Moved out to deeper water off the baths after about 90 mins of small reddies caught a 31 cm & 33 cm fish. Headed back to the ramp 730 pm.

Today took grandsons out, decided to fish Georges river for a change and to try and hide from the wind. Put in at Como and after 2 hours in the como area just a few throwbacks. Went down near Capt Cook bridge my grandson landed a 68 cm flathead his new PB. A couple of photos and a measure and it was back in the water swimming strongly. 

Don't know if I'll be fishing Georges again for a while, the hacking is starting to produce for me now days after many years of learning. 

20200106_220509.jpg

20200108_093337-2.jpg

• Like 6

4 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Sounds like you have the Hacking sorted:) Great flatty for your grandson, was it on bait or a lure?

Thanks everyone for replying 

Next target for the Hacking is a decent Jewfish. Might have to get a lesson from Yowie. 

Flattie was caught on a whiting hook on 2kg line 12 lb trace bait was a frozen nipper left over from Monday. Next week we'll be up at SW Rocks my grandson will spend hours casting lures, I'll spend a while with the fly rod before I change over to bait with the rest of the family.

Bruce