Squid in the Georges river

SaltyGreek

My mates dad recently caught a squid  in jewfish bay on a prawn. As we were getting it in the boat it unfortunately came off. I have heard of people catching and seeing squid here in the past. I also understand that squid can sometimes get lost and end up upstream. One guy I was talking to said that he used to get squid off the wharf in jewfish bay about 20-30 years ago. I thought you would be lucky to get one as far up as captain cook bridge. That’s a long time ago but is there a chance of a population of squid in the Georges river or was this a lucky occurrence.

I've heard people get them up around Como and sometimes around Woronora, not just the odd 1 but quiet a few. But those types of reports aren't often but it does occur.

I think Woronora I am more surprised about but I heard about them here and there over the years. This is also boat based, not land based.

• Like 1

Ive caught them as far as como from botany bay, but very randomly at best.  I wouldn't specifically target them.

All the ones I've caught up to Como have been drifting around throwing plastics targeting other species and just got lucky I guess.

• Like 1