Narrabeen Lake

Renegade460

21 minutes ago, motiondave said:

@Renegade460 .

where did you launch the boat from on Narrabeen lake please?

Either the one near the caravan park, or the one I normally use is the one at Jamieson Park.

There are 2 other ramps in the lake but they are only really suitable for small tinnies.

What size boat are looking at launching? 

Edited by Renegade460

1 hour ago, motiondave said:

15' runabout. 

Does Jamieson park one have a pontoon? 

None of the ramps have pontoons, Jamieson Park is probably the best as the one at the caravan park has a nasty drop off at the end of it.

Depending on how high off the water your boat is and where you want to fish will also impact where you launch. The Pittwater Rd road bridge is pretty low, mine fits under it at the moment with about 6 inches to spare so a runabout probably won't fit at the moment.

1 hour ago, motiondave said:

@Renegade460 , I just had a though, the jamieson park ramp, its more suitable for small boats, right?

I reckon, my mini boat would be the better option (once its completed) for some casual fishing, as its 8 foot long , shallow draft and would be a LOT easier to handle then the 15 foot pongrass.

Cheers, David.

What you have or will eventuate to is somewhat like what a PWC is capable of in a normal licence so that's is a plus.

You can go outside the open water line as long as you follow the safety rules which would be great fun!

12 hours ago, motiondave said:

@Renegade460 , I just had a though, the jamieson park ramp, its more suitable for small boats, right?

I reckon, my mini boat would be the better option (once its completed) for some casual fishing, as its 8 foot long , shallow draft and would be a LOT easier to handle then the 15 foot pongrass.

Cheers, David.

I would even think about it in a 15ft fibreglass boat.