Bad experience at Bare Island

FishyMcFishFace

8 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Went to my local store that has the name of a big snake & picked up these 4 for $50.

Not a bad deal 😁

Nice selection of natural colours, Adrian, good value, be interested to know how the black & white one goes 

1 hour ago, FishyMcFishFace said:

ordered the shimano sephia 20 jig shoulder/waist bag and 15 yammies from somewhere else. Only fiddy bucks!

Can feel some big Calamari and lots of bait for Kingies on it's way!  🤟

That’s a super deal works out at about $3.33 per yamashita jig & a egi bag thrown in for free 😎

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 61 crusher said:

Nice selection of natural colours, Adrian, good value, be interested to know how the black & white one goes 

Cheers, yeh Im still working out the whole colour thing but I guess what attracts me isn't necessarily going to work on attracting the squid 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingie chaser said:

Cheers, yeh Im still working out the whole colour thing but I guess what attracts me isn't necessarily going to work on attracting the squid 😂

I based my pick on this info below, its from Otto's Tackle just the standard yammies for now.

Based on this info the must have colour codes are 

NEB, NKN, NMI

The Best Yamashita Sutte R 3.5 colours to use in Clear water and when the squid aren't as active: 

Sutte R Squid Jigs in Browns: NAJ, NIB, BWBK

Sutte R Squid Jigs in Dark greens: NQS, ROL

Sutte R Squid Jigs in Pink: BWP, RP, BP (Can also be used when the squid are active)

Sutte R Squid Jigs in Blue and natural: NEB, NKN, NMI (Can also be used when the squid are active)

Best Sutte R 3.5 colours to use in Clearwater and when the squid highly active:

Sutte R Squid Jigs in Oranges: RO, BWO, BO

Sutte R Squid Jigs in Blue and natural: NEB, NKN, NMI

Best Sutte R colours to use when squid aren't active and the water conditions are Muddy:

Sutte R Squid Jigs in Reds, violets and rainbow

BO, BP, BOL

Best Yamashita Sutte R 3.5 jigs to use when the water is muddy but squid activity is at its highest: 

Rainbows: BO, BP, BOL

High light Greens: BHT NQS

When fishing in and around weed beds and kelp some of the best Yamashita Sutte R 3.5 jigs to use are your natural colours like NQS, ROL, NEB, NAJ, NKN, NMI

Some of the best Yamashita Sutte R 3.5 jigs for fishing the deeper waters are your bright colours like BWP and BWO Pink and Orange

• Like 2

On 2/29/2020 at 2:42 PM, FishyMcFishFace said:

Well Just got me the basic kit of the Yamashita Egi Sutte R type a range of all colours for all conditions.

Oranges, Pinks, Rainbows and naturals. 

I'll be getting one of those shimano sephia Egi bags 👌

I just love having parcel in the mail 😂

I'll be feeling more organised and ready which surely means I'll  catch more 🎣  😉

Cheers for the tips lads

Don’t under estimate the sutte-r’s cause they’re cheap. They do quiet well. Most of the jigs I hold these days are sutte-r’s. If anything I’ve outdone other jigs with sutte-rs. Probably colour and retrieve is more important

• Like 2

Don't get caught up in those charts. Probably more marketing hype to say "We know what we're doing". Each session will be different.

For example I went one spot, changed jig around until I found the one that worked (more natural colours - Eg. Green, light brown), got 5 on it and then it stopped so I changed to a similar colour and got another 4. 

Following week I came back to the same spot, the conditions were pretty much the same, same swell/wind/water colour, roughly the same time so lighting in both cases was just night, and those colours that worked the week before did nothing. This time being brighter colours, the Oranges, reds.

Maybe those charts work in Japan, but I find here each day can be different so ideally you should have a good mix amongst the ones you bring out with you.

Also the other part, most people worry about sizes, but I tend to use 3.0-3.5s and have caught squid half the length of my jig. I've heard up rivers the smaller 1.5-2.5s may do better depending on location but my setup isn't ideal for those sizes so I cant test that theory.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rob81 said:

You can buy some straps for cheap and use that to go around your hips. They have clips on the sides so can be easily modified.

The Grunt 1m pull tie down fits around my waist and it's a canny colour match to the bag! 👍👌

Edited by FishyMcFishFace
  • Like 1