Thank You Waza

Green Hornet

Two thumbs up (more if I had them) to wazathefisherman for his extreme generosity.

Its no secret on here that I've been searching for an Alvey, cedar spooled blackfish reel for some time to add to my collection and not only did waza come up with this reel, but he gave it to me from his own personal collection.

When I say gave, I mean GAVE. I offered to pay or trade and he'd have nothing of it.

Its so good to see what a tight community we have here on Raider.

Thanks again Waza, you're a true legend.

Web 3.jpg

• Like 18

Waza. I know first hand what a tremendous bloke you are, this gesture is above any accolades I could bestow upon you.

This thread should be stickied so that it does not disappear down the pages.

I take my hat off to you.

Frank 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

Two thumbs up (more if I had them) to wazathefisherman for his extreme generosity.

Its no secret on here that I've been searching for an Alvey, cedar spooled blackfish reel for some time to add to my collection and not only did waza come up with this reel, but he gave it to me from his own personal collection.

When I say gave, I mean GAVE. I offered to pay or trade and he'd have nothing of it.

Its so good to see what a tight community we have here on Raider.

Thanks again Waza, you're a true legend.

Web 3.jpg

Thanks Pete I know it's gone to a fantastic home! All of us old Blackie fishermen deserve one! I actually only used these as Bream reels- I reckon the best Bream reel ever made. Avons/Eagles too hard to beat for Blackies!

Glad you like it mate

Regards Waza

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, frankS said:

Waza. I know first hand what a tremendous bloke you are, this gesture is above any accolades I could bestow upon you.

This thread should be stickied so that it does not disappear down the pages.

I take my hat off to you.

Frank 

Thanks Frank I've been searching for one for Pete for ages and thought -just give him one- search over! Fishraider community is just full of great folks! Thanks for the nice words

Regards Waza

• Like 1

I wonder if it is possible to upgrade Waza's status from Gold Member to Platinum member?

In recent times I've seen the worst side of people too many times for my liking in some of the sensationalist media. It is wonderful to see the best of people so close to home too.  Well done Waza - talk soon.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, DerekD said:

I wonder if it is possible to upgrade Waza's status from Gold Member to Platinum member?

In recent times I've seen the worst side of people too many times for my liking in some of the sensationalist media. It is wonderful to see the best of people so close to home too.  Well done Waza - talk soon.

I was thinking the exact same thing last night.

Hi,

i picked up a couple of super flexible old school fibreglass rods about 7 foot long. Would they be of this era? Could picture your reel on one in a boat...top guide is porcelain i think. Have been custom built...both have a different colour scheme.  Cork grips. 

Cheers

11 minutes ago, rippinlips said:

Hi,

i picked up a couple of super flexible old school fibreglass rods about 7 foot long. Would they be of this era? Could picture your reel on one in a boat...top guide is porcelain i think. Have been custom built...both have a different colour scheme.  Cork grips. 

Cheers

@Rippinglips You'll have to give us some more details on the rods like makers marks etc or a picture to get an idea. 

Edited by kingie chaser

2 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

@Rippinglips You'll have to give us some more details on the rods like makers marks etc or a picture to get an idea. 

Sounds like a plan. Have another old school rod that is a 3 piece but no makers as well it might suit it and a split cane which might be more fly. Also have some floats and a cane shoulder basket and old school net. It also has hooks with no eyelets and tiny leads....only know this as have had to empty out a cupboard to move for painting this week...funny how you forget what you have packed away!! Can get pics on weekend. Is there a for sale section as need to sell off other cane beach rods as well...

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, rippinlips said:

But now it is back? Swap and sell keeps sites alive.......

Yes just noticed it when someone placed an ad.

Not sure how long its been up this time but by the sounds of it it gets shut down when people break the rules so here they are-

7 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Yes just noticed it when someone placed an ad.

Not sure how long its been up this time but by the sounds of it it gets shut down when people break the rules so here they are-

Hey guys Swap and Sell has ALWAYS been on this forum. I added it myself many years ago.

In the last few years it was not getting much use because people were using gumtree and now Facebook marketplace. It was never removed. 

It is here for members to use so go ahead and use it by all means.

mrsswordie

• Thanks 1