OscarMoore

Just arrived in Nambucca this afternoon and had a look at the breakwall, looks good with lots of current. Just wondering if anyone knows of any kings being caught around there recently or Jews, I have my 60lb gear with along with some big stickbaits and slapstix. Where should I start? 

there are kings around they like the run in tide in the clean water, saw one today on the inside of the breakwall, they're generally keyed in on small bait so lures around 50-80mm are the go to, 20lb would be more than sufficient they fight pretty clean in the river 

the end of the carpark, and at the point on the wall thet points south and takes a 90 degree turn and they often sit along that section of wall all the way around to the break

occasionally they'll sit around the green channel marker on the inside along wellington drive 

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

there are kings around they like the run in tide in the clean water, saw one today on the inside of the breakwall, they're generally keyed in on small bait so lures around 50-80mm are the go to, 20lb would be more than sufficient they fight pretty clean in the river 

the end of the carpark, and at the point on the wall thet points south and takes a 90 degree turn and they often sit along that section of wall all the way around to the break

occasionally they'll sit around the green channel marker on the inside along wellington drive 

I couple of times when I've been at Nambucca I've seen the bait in that area getting harassed by something; this was at night and there were some big explosions happening. In your opinion kings or something else? Oh and yes kings had been seen during the day when this was happening.

Oh and yeah the gear was at home, no leave pass allowed :(

Cheers

Rob

15 hours ago, OscarMoore said:

Just arrived in Nambucca this afternoon and had a look at the breakwall, looks good with lots of current. Just wondering if anyone knows of any kings being caught around there recently or Jews, I have my 60lb gear with along with some big stickbaits and slapstix. Where should I start? 

Apart from having already done my research the 1st thing I do when I go to a new town/destination is go to the tackle store, buy some bait or some SP's & have a chat to the guy's in the store & ask what has been happening & take their advice on board then just give it a bash based of that.

Local knowledge is best knowledge.

3 hours ago, Jiggy said:

I couple of times when I've been at Nambucca I've seen the bait in that area getting harassed by something; this was at night and there were some big explosions happening. In your opinion kings or something else? Oh and yes kings had been seen during the day when this was happening.

Oh and yeah the gear was at home, no leave pass allowed :(

Cheers

Rob

kingys would be my guess