A few squid before the storm

jenno64

Had a narrow window this arvo to get out for a fish before the foul weather set in for the week. Hit the water just after 3:30 for a fossick for green eyes and got four two large units and two smaller ones prior to the rain squall hitting round 4:40. Pulled the pin and shot into the ramp to avoid a soaking, happy with another feed! Doesn't look like I'll be back out there for a while!

July 12 1.jpg

July 12 2.jpg

July 12 3.jpg

July 12 4.jpg

Squall.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Pickles said:

Nice calamari Jenno’, taste great, but better Kingie bait

Pickles, I do store some in the freezer for bait but don't target kings that often (sadly) It's on my regular to do list:)

40 minutes ago, Killer said:

Good work Rob. How hard is it to get the ink out of the textured deck of the yak?

Killer, it's a killer getting it out of the textured part of the deck....I'll have to get the Jiff out and a toothbrush. Normally I'm careful to avoid getting inked but sometimes it sneaks up on you!

38 minutes ago, Yowie said:

A good feed again. The wind will be nasty for a few days.

Thanks Yowie

I'm waiting for the weather to calm down and I'll spend a day exploring the Hacking soon....might have to get a few starting tips from you🤔

35 minutes ago, jenno64 said:

Thanks Yowie

I'm waiting for the weather to calm down and I'll spend a day exploring the Hacking soon....might have to get a few starting tips from you🤔

While I do have some spots I fish regularly, there are some spots I have never tried. Very occasionally, a yellow fin tuna will turn up in South West Arm. If you hook one of those in your yak, hang on.  🤣

• Like 1

I saw a marlin swimming along with a lure hanging off it, in Nth West Arm years ago. Often see a turtle surfacing in Sth West Arm and when I worked on the Hacking, saw many big sharks.  Remember two Yellowfin swimming along the edge of the sandbank in S.W, Arm as well.

On 7/13/2020 at 10:29 AM, Yowie said:

While I do have some spots I fish regularly, there are some spots I have never tried. Very occasionally, a yellow fin tuna will turn up in South West Arm. If you hook one of those in your yak, hang on.  🤣

18 hours ago, Killer said:

I saw a marlin swimming along with a lure hanging off it, in Nth West Arm years ago. Often see a turtle surfacing in Sth West Arm and when I worked on the Hacking, saw many big sharks.  Remember two Yellowfin swimming along the edge of the sandbank in S.W, Arm as well.

Now they are the sightings that get the blood pumping:)