Calling all raiders - get your Zoom ready

mrsswordfisherman

Hi All,

Hope everyone is coping with things wherever you are. 

I have been talking with some people about presenting some live info sessions via Zoom to our fishraider members. This is still being discussed but we have some well known scientists and DPI staff so far to present some very interesting topics. 

Do you have any subject/s that you would like? You will have the ability to ask questions to the presenter/s. 

In the meantime if you have any queries or want to test Zoom we can have a test session. Download for smartphone, tablet or PC. Check YouTube also for how to's. Message me with queries. 

Here is a link https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362033-Getting-Started-on-PC-and-Mac

Donna

• Like 6

This is a great idea, I would like to join the sessions. Would be interesting to hear a "reports" section and also master-class on topics (beginners to advanced) - would love to put a face / voice to famous FishRaiders!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Berleyguts said:

Maybe Scratchie could do a live Zoom session at Broughton Island and we could watch him in action! 😂

Haha! I actually have done that via Instagram but the reception very grainy. 

I’d be happy to do a Q an A if people are interested. And as Mrsswordy suggested, have a virtual meeting for the catch up! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Maybe Scratchie could do a live Zoom session at Broughton Island and we could watch him in action! 😂

Zoom isn’t the best platform to do that Baz. 
Good ideas though

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

Haha! I actually have done that via Instagram but the reception very grainy. 

I’d be happy to do a Q an A if people are interested. And as Mrsswordy suggested, have a virtual meeting for the catch up! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

Presentations by fishraider members on various topics are intended. 
A meeting of members for the catch up would be a good test. 

2 hours ago, anthman said:

This is a great idea, I would like to join the sessions. Would be interesting to hear a "reports" section and also master-class on topics (beginners to advanced) - would love to put a face / voice to famous FishRaiders!

Good idea too.

We would need a licensed version of Zoom to do sessions with different functionality. 
Any raiders want to host a session let me know. 
Might be a new role for a special moderator 😀

• Like 1