Bombo beach

Bryson

Got out yesterday evening to try catch a feed off the beach. 
plan was to try catch some yellowtail from Kiama harbour and take them to Bombo beach instead of paying for pillies from the servo as usual. After a hour or so with no yellowtail in the bucket a trip to the servo it was and a pack of pillies, oh well at least I tried. 
long story short I got to the beach by 4pm and had caught 8 salmon and a decent bream by 6. So much fun. Bled one salmon out and it's filleted in the fridge ready for dinner tonight. Thought I'd give it a go and make my own mind up on wether it's nice or not. 

i Forgot my brag mat but managed to take a couple of photos with the salmon. 

🤙🏼

6624E395-C31B-4955-A52D-E7A92E346131.jpeg

8EFC8D6E-3F64-4D6A-A43D-57379389212D.jpeg

• Like 10

12 hours ago, Bryson said:

Update: genuinely enjoyed the taste of the salmon, cooked a piece in butter to try it out and was really nice. The rest has just gone into a spicy pasta for work this week. Happy days 

Well done, as in other threads I keep suggesting its a very under utilised fish for the table.

Similarly with some other species as well.

Talking about having to buy bait what about using metal lures like Halco twisties or similar?

They are cheap as chips & they work well to.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kingie chaser said:

Well done, as in other threads I keep suggesting its a very under utilised fish for the table.

Similarly with some other species as well.

Talking about having to buy bait what about using metal lures like Halco twisties or similar?

They are cheap as chips & they work well to.

Cheers, I did actually pick up a metal lure but didn't get it out the box this time, I've never really fished with lures so I never feel confident with them. Saying that I'm not all that confident with bait 😂 maybe I'll give it a shot next trip 

14 minutes ago, Bryson said:

Cheers, I did actually pick up a metal lure but didn't get it out the box this time, I've never really fished with lures so I never feel confident with them. Saying that I'm not all that confident with bait 😂 maybe I'll give it a shot next trip 

:biggrinthumb: