Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out early this morning, motoring from Gunnamatta Bay up past Lilli Pilli. Heading into the wind, with the wind chill probably below zero, I heard 2 clunks in the bottom of the boat.  :074:(jatz crackers fell off)   I am used to  cooler weather than most, but this morning it was #@*&#^@ cold.

Took a while for something bigger to show up, just before sunrise, it was the jewie. I thought there would not be too much to keep, so I kept  it. The fillets fed myself, mum and another brother, plenty of meat in the fillets. The reddie turned up after sunrise, quite a few small ones about. Squid strips caught the fish, fish strips and pilles caught the little reddies.

I up anchored and moved to several different spots, throwing a metal lure about. Probably a hundred casts before the one and only hit in South 
West Arm, it was the chunky tailor. Nothing else, only a few pillies jumping here and there. At least something for the table.

fish.jpeg.262_files.thumb.jpg.7c527e23359e2657be88200c2ea92b29.jpg

Edited by Yowie
  • Like 10

11 minutes ago, Yowie said:

Headed out early this morning, motoring from Gunnamatta Bay up past Lilli Pilli. Heading into the wind, with the wind chill probably below zero, I heard 2 clunks in the bottom of the boat.  :074:(jatz crackers fell off) 

🤣

Im sure that jew got the blood flowing again, well done :biggrinthumb:

47 minutes ago, kingie chaser said:

🤣

Im sure that jew got the blood flowing again, well done :biggrinthumb:

The hand line goes for a run, you grab the line, then you feel that head shake and off it goes, and you can tell it is not a little reddie. 😂

40 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Haha yowie! 🤣🤣 We’ve all been there! But you stuck it out and got rewarded 👏👏👏

cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks Scratchie. Yes, it was bloody cold. The wind was forecast to be light, but the chill from the breeze was not nice, even when anchored. Happy to bring something home.

4 hours ago, Mr Squidy said:

Great stuff Yowie, i'm sure you were glad to see the sun come up out there!!!

Rich

The sun did not help much, it was still f*****g cold for some time. 🥶