Port Hacking 15/12 and 17/12

BDbrooker

Hey Raiders,

Heading out with my daughter about 2pm on Tuesday, weather was predicted to be windy but it was great out on the water. 

Pumped some nippers and tried for some whiting but no luck. Moved into the deeper water around Lilli Pilli and my daughter had a great time catching a number of snapper just under legal. 

Just as we were about to pack up my nipper got smashed and the initial run of the fish was insane. It was a big fish and unfortunately took me into a reef area and broke me off. Not exactly sure what it was, possible a ray or jewie.

Couldn't stay any longer as had to get home for dinner. Action was starting to pick up at that point though. 

Thursday.

Took my dad out for some action, he was keen to get a kingfish. We fished the deep water near Lilli Pilli. 

There was a lot of surface activity around so we decided to throw some lures around. I was using a little metal slice and my dad was using soft plastics. 

We had multiple hook ups and landed a few fish. All kings around the 58-60cm mark. No keepers unfortunately. 

Caught plenty of slimy mackerel too which I took home and salted.

Funnily enough no kings on the squid that I caught recently.

Surface action was starting to die off but there was plenty of bait on the sounder still. Dropped some squid baits over and pulled out a 75cm jewie. Was very happy with that. 

Went and pumped some nippers and got a nice whiting and 2 good sized bream. Back home by 1pm.

Awesome couple of days fishing. 

Screenshot_20201218-070005_Gallery.jpg

Edited by BDbrooker
Photo added
  • Like 6

7 hours ago, hookerbruce said:

Looking at your report sounds like we were same areas on thurs. I was in a grey cuddycabin and anchored out off lilli pilli  or on sandflat. Pumped nippers at mainbar. 

The kings even small are still exciting to catch.

Bruce

Hey Bruce,

We were chasing the same school of kings for a while. I was in the black open boat. 

Saw you at a few of the regular spots. 

I won't be out much now due to school holidays but I'll say g'day if I see you out there again. 

Do you fish the hacking much?

Cheers,

Bill

13 hours ago, Oscarthebeagle said:

Hi Bill 

If you fished the hacking a bit you might more likely recognise this boat.

Bruce (dad) has only had the grey boat a for a few weeks. 

Well done on the Jewfish.

Ash

20200403_081714-1843x1382.jpg

Hi Ash,

The grey boat certainly stands out a bit more than a white cuddy. I've only really started fishing the Hacking the last 12 months or so. 

Hopefully some legal kings and another jew before the end of summer 🤞

Cheers, 

Bill