Secret Kingfish bait - never fails

Pickles

Hey Gordo, yep - aware of the superstition and reasons behind it (we have a farm and often use a banana in a paper bag with our pears, plums, peaches, persimmons etc when we want them for the next day and not ripe)

The point of putting a banana in the pics is to “drop a thought” for those who are superstitious, to consider the lack of logic, rationality behind what was fact in the past when sailing / trading vessels circumnavigated the globe on territorial and imperialistic pursuits and stoped in on the islands to stock up on food (&fruit) and supplies, but now no longer relevant. Most superstitions, like the one relating to bananas on boats bringing bad “luck”.

Being a God fearing, Christian fisho’, my faith is in the one who made the fish and water (and everything else), not in myths (even though, there was substance to them in the past).

Edited by Pickles
  • Like 4

A very smart man told me once it's not what you believe in ,it's how you believe it. 

Cheers Scotty 

Hey Scotty, thanks for the reply. Passion, sincerity and commitment to belief are significant indeed - provided you believe in the right thing I.e. the Truth. (Just because everybody believes a lie, doesn’t make it right).