Hacking 21/12

yting

Hi all,

The young fella bullied me into going out for a fish in the rain on Monday arvo. I was hoping the rain would hold off a bit but it didn’t. Tried for yellowtail at Wally’s but no takers, only pesky jackets. 
so we launched anyway and went hunting for this elusive King on plastics.

when we were launching a guy at the wharf spotted some surface action about 100m off the wharf so we took his advice and started throwing our soft plastics there.

As usual, the boy caught a solid Salmon, which he tends to do most times. I can only put it down to his technique as to why he catches them regularly to my zero.

after that we headed across to the drop off at Burraneer bay but no sign of a king and with the rain only getting heavier we called it a day.

it was very quiet on the water due to the rain and we were soaked to the bone but I guess at least we got something.

Nathan

046EB2C4-A827-4759-842C-6B4F8146F13F.jpeg

• Like 9

Are the jackets in the hacking plentiful? 
they are my favourite fish and despite having a boat for 1.5 years I have never come across them. (I only fish inshore)

if you can point me to a wonderful jacket location in the hacking I would be forever grateful! 😁 I’m just that excited haha 

4 hours ago, Yowie said:

Another nice fish for the young fella

7 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

@yting Nathan you boy looks like a great angler to me! He might need his own login soon 👍

Tell him mrsswordie is proud of him! 

Will do thanks Mrsswordie