Soft plastics question.

Fab1

I'm assuming with plastics you avoid the dreaded pickers you get with bait yes?I'm assuming you either get a decent fish or you don't? I know some of the fish will be underside of course.

Last question if fish like tailor are about how do you avoid/minimise plastic decapitation?

Thank you on this lovely rainy morning.

You’ll still get your share of undersized fish but not to the extent that you will if you were using bait. You’d be surprised how small a fish would go for a lure.

As a rule though, I think you can assume the average size of fish would be higher.

When the tailor move in, best thing to do is to tie on a metal or use Z man plastics, and catch a few. Otherwise you might need to move on.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SquibblyDibbly said:

Yeh the nibblers can be annoying, they really love the tails on nuclear chicken grubs!

Depends a bit on what you're chasing but a hard body like a double clutch can be a good option for flatties and metal vibes/blades can be another good options for when the plastic munchers are around.

Mate swears by vibes.

2 minutes ago, Green Hornet said:

Vibes will always pull the bigger fish out of the school.

20160127-P1010827.jpg

That bream is the size of a great white shark compared to the bream I catch.Bloody Yowie takes all my good fish.🤣😂

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Mate swears by vibes.

Yep, I've caught a heap of fish using them. You can get a lot of different sizes and shapes as well to suit different scenarios. There is a smaller prawn looking one that has trailing assist hooks that goes pretty good estuary fishing if you're after bream and flatties.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fab1 said:

That bream is the size of a great white shark compared to the bream I catch.Bloody Yowie takes all my good fish.🤣😂

I've left you plenty of fish to catch.  :074:

The way my knee is going, don't know when I can hit the water again.  🤢

Just now, Yowie said:

I've left you plenty of fish to catch.  :074:

The way my knee is going, don't know when I can hit the water again.  🤢

I'll take you fishing.I'll come over and carry you out to the boat.I'll make you breakfast,bait your hooks,fan you if you  get hot....all I ask is when you hook a good fish I wind it in.🤣😂😂😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Yowie said:

Fab, it is a Tarwhine.

Geez, I give up!!! I don't even know the difference between a bream or a tarwhine.Either that or it's time for an eye examination for me.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SquibblyDibbly said:

Went down for a flick yesterday arvo once the rain cleared up.

Tried the plastics but after the tails on a couple got chomped I switched over to a blade. Caught 1 nice keeper flattie that was dinner, 1 undersized released to fight another day and a couple lost.

They are very productive lures.

20210131_080812.jpg

Very nice mate.Are the blades the same or similar to those vibes people talk about? A mate at work(that's a better fisho than me) told me there's a soft/rubbery vibe and a harder one.He told me to get the rubbery one.

Cheers.

6 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Very nice mate.Are the blades the same or similar to those vibes people talk about? A mate at work(that's a better fisho than me) told me there's a soft/rubbery vibe and a harder one.He told me to get the rubbery one.

Cheers.

Yeh blade/vibe same same. I'm a fan of the 15g metal ones as I can get them on the cheap at my local tackle place. Either would work great I'm sure.

20210131_080506.jpg

Edited by SquibblyDibbly

1 minute ago, SquibblyDibbly said:

I'm a fan of the 15g metal ones as I can get them on the cheap at my local tackle place. Either would work great I'm sure.

20210131_080506.jpg

Nice looking lure.I didn't know they were adjustable.I take it they dive different depths depending which hole the clip is attached on?

1 minute ago, Fab1 said:

Nice looking lure.I didn't know they were adjustable.I take it they dive different depths depending which hole the clip is attached on?

The holes change how it moves when worked. Further back holes are for trolling with more of a flat action and the further up holes send it upwards towards the surface when worked, jigging style.

1 minute ago, SquibblyDibbly said:

The holes change how it moves when worked. Further back holes are for trolling with more of a flat action and the further up holes send it upwards towards the surface when worked, jigging style.

Cheers.I was thinking after I posted it may be for that too.I thought it would effect how it wobbles/moves.

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

Cheers.

Samaki Vibelucious or Zerek Fish Trap would be good examples of soft vibes.

• Like 1