Brissie waters yesterday morning

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

Had a crack yesterday morning. Thought I’d run the gauntlet of rain and managed to stay dry. Fish weren’t really biting only caught a couple of 28cm snapper, a legal bream and undersized whiting. I marked the fish - a few big bait balls and some larger schoolies but didn’t have the right bait. Thanks for reading.

1E36769F-3CB6-4AB5-8091-4AFA4FBA6B0A.jpeg

A524E93C-8542-4844-93A5-9F4431CEF8BF.jpeg

Guest Guest123456789
27 minutes ago, hucho hucho said:

Nice report and pictures. Your boat looks similar to mine. Stacer?

Thanks Hucho. Here she is. Stacer. What’s your rig?

0C0275FD-2067-43B1-8F53-30B3F4659EAE.jpeg

Guest Guest123456789
21 minutes ago, hucho hucho said:

Mine is the same. Stacer 429 Rampage, min kotta and Evinrude 30hp. Excellent for estuaries.

Agreed. They stop making them with wide gunwhales and unpainted hull which is a shame. 

19 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

Agreed. They stop making them with wide gunwhales and unpainted hull which is a shame. 

It's a shame that they and Quintrex insist on painting their hull's. My Quintrex is starting to look terrible where the paint is bubbling up and peeling off. Whereas the plain alloy finish stays the same forever.

28 minutes ago, GordoRetired said:

It's a shame that they and Quintrex insist on painting their hull's. My Quintrex is starting to look terrible where the paint is bubbling up and peeling off. Whereas the plain alloy finish stays the same forever.

Only my thoughts, but I wonder if in later years Telwater (and other manufacturers) paint their hulls to hide the fact that build quality is not as good as it used to be. Plus, with everything these days it seems all about what looks shiny and flashy.

Edited by Mullatt
addition
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mullatt said:

Only my thoughts, but I wonder if in later years Telwater (and other manufacturers) paint their hulls to hide the fact that build quality is not as good as it used to be. Plus, with everything these days it seems all about what looks shiny and flashy.

I am sure that you are right about shiny and flashy, personally I would prefer it plain alloy but you just cat find them 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, motiondave said:

depends if you mowed the lawn before the deluge or rain.... :D

Luckily I did ! One thing I do know for certain is that Victas doesn’t work under water 🤣

Flathead Luke, that’s a nice breambo!

God only knows what the fishing I’m BW and  Broken bay will be like for the next few months 🦈