Broughton Island few Reds

Peter Nelson

Had the day off and after speaking with @Scratchiewe decided to hit Broughton hoping to find a Snapper or 2 and maybe a longtail.

Woke up early only to find a big storm just off the coast so was crossing my fingers it would disappear and as It was it did, I think the thunder woke Scratchie up bright and early.

Hit cabbage tree up for bait but it was dead and only managed about 5, so pushed on to Broughton for first light.

As always the wind forecast was wrong, predicted S/E, was actually blowing N/W and water fairly brown so I wasn’t overly confident but we were still keen to make it work.

First drift livie Deployed and flicking plastics for snapper.

Got a nice little pannie on boat just as the livie screams off, after a tussle up comes a Mac tuna.

Another few drifts equals another tuna, small snapper and heaps of just under size kings.

moved spots livie got hammered but missed it and probably our chances of a long tail as it was the last livie.

we were about to call it a day when we thought we would try one more area and lucky we did as up comes a nice 58cm to finish the morning off.

it turned out to be a top morning and I don’t know how many snapper we actually missed and dropped as well, thinking maybe the dirty water was making them miss the plastics, who knows.

7A0C54BE-A25B-498B-AEAE-944AFFE18D5F.jpeg

2EF11468-35D8-4F6F-882F-61525D61EB64.jpeg

ACF19C41-DD35-4DFD-BAD8-7A9EFF220599.jpeg

• Like 11

Great day out on the water Pete! 
Considering there was a full moon and the state of the water, not to mention the amount of lost fish which was very frustrating, I think we did ok! 
See you soon champ! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

• Like 1

Yeah nice! 
We had a really fun midday session on Saturday around Fingal, boating around 25 snapper between the 20-30m mark.. the bay is fishing awesome at the moment

Was there much current about and if so what direction?

Edited by jenk98
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, jenk98 said:

Yeah nice! 
We had a really fun midday session on Saturday around Fingal, boating around 25 snapper between the 20-30m mark.. the bay is fishing awesome at the moment

Was there much current about and if so what direction?

Can’t complain with that mate. 
what did the damage, plastics?

• 4 weeks later...