Central coast late June - company pls

slothparade

Hi, 

I'm going to be at kooindah waters in central coast for a few days in late June (school holidays) and am looking for company/ someone to help. I'm hoping to target jewfish and sharks in the surf.

I have my own set ups, 1 spin and 1 over head. Also I don't have a kyak, I was planning on ballooning baits out or casting. 

I'm not sure how much I can travel sine I'm only on my L plates but I'm hopping to get around to the north entrance beach.

Preferably night but early morning works to. 

I don't have any shark baits left in my freezer but I'm happy to buy bait. 

If anyone is interested pls PM me or leave a comment we can work out times at a later date, also if you could recommend spots that would be greatly appreciated. I'm really keen to land my first jewfish or gain some more experience with sharks and come home with all my fingers lol. 

Edited by slothparade

Seeing no one else has offered... 😃 Feel free to flick me a message closer to the date.

I have seen you asking a fair few questions on the forum and guess you are just getting into fishing!? Ballooning off the beach would be a waste of time (Trying to get the wind and no swell right), but I'd happily let you use my kayak after dark. lol 🦈💩

I regularly fish up that way and have recently seen 3 Jewfish at 97, 95 & 109cm caught on consecutive nights at a nearby beach. I've only caught a few 65+ cm Salmon and f*&#ing sharks recently (No need for a report 😅). Now the mullet are running, it is probably the best bait to use.

I hate chasing sharks but I always get them as by-catch so we'd only be targeting Jew.

Shoot us a PM if you're keen.

Cheers, Brendo

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Brendan Monks said:

Seeing no one else has offered... 😃 Feel free to flick me a message closer to the date.

I have seen you asking a fair few questions on the forum and guess you are just getting into fishing!? Ballooning off the beach would be a waste of time (Trying to get the wind and no swell right), but I'd happily let you use my kayak after dark. lol 🦈💩

I regularly fish up that way and have recently seen 3 Jewfish at 97, 95 & 109cm caught on consecutive nights at a nearby beach. I've only caught a few 65+ cm Salmon and f*&#ing sharks recently (No need for a report 😅). Now the mullet are running, it is probably the best bait to use.

I hate chasing sharks but I always get them as by-catch so we'd only be targeting Jew.

Shoot us a PM if you're keen.

Cheers, Brendo

Thankyou very much. I'm not exactly new to fishing, I have been fishing for about 12 years (since I was about 4). I'm kind of just doing more research and have found myself here LOL. I would love to land my first jewfish and gain some more experience with sharks even getting my first salmon would be nice. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2021 at 8:15 PM, slothparade said:

I would love to land my first jewfish and gain some more experience with sharks even getting my first salmon would be nice. 

Not the best session at all but at least we ticked the Salmon off. How did it cook up? 😂