Winter pelagic action in the Sydney harbour

Pickles

After a cracker day on flathead yesterday,  buddies Craig and Josh rang and said what about a kingie session in the harbour. “What a great idea, well get wet, but hey, you don’t melt in the rain, so let’s do it”.

We left the ramp in the dark at 6am and head off to the bait grounds. We loaded up with livies in extra quick time and headed outside, but even though swell was less than a meter strong SW wind made the conditions choppy (as well as being cold). We ducked in behind the heads to get out of the wind and sounded up a large school of bait fish. For the next 2 hours we were landing Trevally, Mackerel, load of Yakkas and the odd Barracuda(😞). Josh landed a 66cm salmon. We headed in early to the ramp, but stopped off on the way to catch some Kingies by floating cubes of fresh Mackerel in the berley,stream.
Overall 2 good days of winter fishing.

C191DDCE-0382-4443-88F9-ABAD3E4E6CD4.jpeg

E973A24B-6240-4F6F-91C9-510B5EAFD7A0.jpeg

0629DBE2-5152-4EBE-9431-E1B4CF117406.jpeg

Edited by Pickles
Photos
  • Like 13
  • Haha 2

Cheers Zoran - as you know, bananas are only a joke (to make a call on superstitions not based on reason or evidence, in fact last trip I had Josh and Craig with me and I put a banana in the berley pot, and we got a good bag for tea).

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Pickles said:

Hey Neil, anytime you want to take a trip up to Sydney, you’re know you’re welcome to come out and go for a fish.

Thanks Bob, may be sooner than you think. Murrumbidgee River has almost no water in it at present. Anglers here are all puzzled by what the authorities are doing. The dams are full yet no water coming down. Enough to drive one crackers. Neil.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Pickles said:

Cheers Zoran - as you know, bananas are only a joke (to make a call on superstitions not based on reason or evidence, in fact last trip I had Josh and Craig with me and I put a banana in the berley pot, and we got a good bag for tea).

Bananas… and you Bob are welcome on my boat any time!

cheers Zoran 

Edited by zmk1962
  • Like 1