How trailers are made.

Fab1

12 minutes ago, Smobaby said:

I do a lot of work for Sydney Trains where I have to warrant a 25 year warranty on galvanising, pitty  trailer manufacturers were not subject to similar legislation. Most trailers are manufactured offshore and assembled in Australia. 

👍

4 hours ago, Smobaby said:

It's not the galvanising as much  as the inferior materials used. Seriously the difference would only be two or three hundred dollars to do it properly, as you know everything is made to a price now, not like the old days it was built to last and companies supported their products . I do a lot of work for Sydney Trains where I have to warrant a 25 year warranty on galvanising, pitty  trailer manufacturers were not subject to similar legislation. Most trailers are manufactured offshore and assembled in Australia. 

It's been all about the mighty $ now for yrs mate.There's very few companies out there left that give good quality at a reasonable price and top shelf customer service.

Everything you buy pretty much these days the quality has suffered, it has shrunk and the prices have gone NORTH!

13 hours ago, Smobaby said:

It's not the galvanising as much  as the inferior materials used. Seriously the difference would only be two or three hundred dollars to do it properly, as you know everything is made to a price now, not like the old days it was built to last and companies supported their products . I do a lot of work for Sydney Trains where I have to warrant a 25 year warranty on galvanising, pitty  trailer manufacturers were not subject to similar legislation. Most trailers are manufactured offshore and assembled in Australia. 

True, but, if they built and sold (say) 100 trailers, that couple of hundred dollars is a decent amount of cash, that's the difference, a one off custom, sure, but "production line" builds, you save what you can where ever you can.

On 7/10/2021 at 10:34 PM, Fab1 said:

It's been all about the mighty $ now for yrs mate.There's very few companies out there left that give good quality at a reasonable price and top shelf customer service.

Everything you buy pretty much these days the quality has suffered, it has shrunk and the prices have gone NORTH!

Correct i know i'm a big guy but there is nothing big about a big Mac!!!

Edited by jeffb5.8