Port Hacking Thursday short and sweet.

Welster

I managed to snag a couple of days of work with my daughter on school holidays.  She chose to go fishing and target flathead, so who was I to argue?

We kicked off from Swallow rock around 8 headed down south in nice conditions to our flathead grounds.

The conditions were pretty good with the day warming nicely, plenty of whales still about a decent drift and the fish joining in, it really doesn't get much better.  After a few nice hours on the water we had our feed and headed home. 

I was surprised how warm the water was at around 19 degrees outside the hacking with a much more chilly 14 up river.    The flatties ranged from 37-48 cm.  One of the bigger ones had a fat belly with a recently consumed red spot whiting.  Mostly blue spots with the one Tiger flathead.   36C59BB0-6D90-4F57-9B4E-AC8AD347E480.thumb.jpeg.d3d576e10d9dbbc35a561de581341d46.jpeg483DD3DE-60AD-414D-BB8D-133A2847D1B9.thumb.jpeg.1e831ed3d3bf4ffd7f155cb9a0d62541.jpeg

Edited by Welster
Yowie pointed out my species ID errors 🤭
  • Like 7

2 hours ago, Yowie said:

Nice bag of fish, a good day to be out. 

The 4th fish down looks like a tiger flattie.

Thanks Yowie you are correct.  I don't know why but i thought the read underneath the mouth was the marble flathead.    I will edit my post.  

• Like 1