Port Hacking 18/07/21

Isaac Ct

Hi raiders,

Went out on the hacking yesterday hoping to actually catch something as I had a fat donut about a week ago. Launched from Yowie Bay at about 10:30 and headed straight over to mainbar to collect some bait. once we had about 50 or so nippers we headed over to our usual spot on the south lilli pilli drop-off, nothing for 30min so moved to Gooseberry bay were it was a little more sheltered. First drop my dad pulled up a 40cm Gurnard. Was going to put him in the esky but my rod went off so back he went. My fish ended up being a pinkie. We couldn't believe it! Blasted pinkie saved the Gurnard and got rid of our dinner😐. A couple of more little pinkie's and a nice 29cm whiting from my dad. After that the fish stopped playing and we moved about 100m north into the deep water of the entrance to the arm. Started a drift and pulled up a nice flattie. Nothing after that. Went over to lilli pilli and dropped my dad of and picked my sister up. Got one little gurnard that went back. Pulled lines in after we ran out of nippers and headed home with a meal nonetheless.

23C04467-A639-47EE-B1F5-3F1ECD9345D1.jpeg

C3A25DF5-30B7-4AF1-B56B-92CD118D28AE.jpeg

Edited by mrsswordfisherman
The poster states he was fishing in 10 km radius restriction
  • Like 9