Please be extra careful

big Neil

You don't need me to tell you that this new strain of Covid is presenting additional concerns to the Australian public. It is extremely dangerous and I want to ask each and every one of you to be ultra careful. To the best of my knowledge we haven't had any Fishraiders succumb to it, please do everything possible to keep it that way.

Hopefully we will all come through this and get back into doing what we enjoy most...FISHING.

Take care, bn

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Hi BN, I hope all is well in the Riverina and you are keeping yourself safe, well and busy. Are you able to chase the spiny critters this year or is the water still too up & down??

I am told you can only fish for Crays in certain sections of the Bidgee - is that correct?

Hoodz

11 hours ago, Hoods said:

Hi BN, I hope all is well in the Riverina and you are keeping yourself safe, well and busy. Are you able to chase the spiny critters this year or is the water still too up & down??

I am told you can only fish for Crays in certain sections of the Bidgee - is that correct?

Hoodz

Only one small section of the river above Berembed Weir. They are in suchIMG_3706-4000.thumb.jpg.8c0b5e75d73d5eb219341a6a8b5b6cc2.jpg a bad way (numbers wise) that I don't target them. From virtually no water in the Bidgee, we now have it running right up to the top of the banks...about a 6-7mtr increase and still unfishable. Another month and it will be closed season till Dec 1st. Absolutely can't wait to wet a line in my favourite environment...had enough of this wet Winter. Hope you're not travelling too far from home these days Andrew. Keep safe mate, hope to catch up later this year. Neil.

IMG_3708-4000.thumb.jpg.6bc0ee0fa8d0d7ef88668aa002b0aede.jpg

IMG_3719-4000.thumb.jpg.169630659b499a7a637883c97082f06a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, motiondave said:

Yeah, this Delta strain is a concern,but the information around covid seems to be sketchy .

example 

if flu is 1 million particles to infect, then the original rona was about 250,000 particles.

If, the D strain is up to 1000% more transmissible, thats like 250 particles.

banana....

I still have to work, and lucky I have a job, but our workplace is being very careful trying to not let staff cross over on breaks if possible, plus we wear glove, masks, sanitise everything, QR code check in and out....

otherwise Im staying at home or only going out to shops when needed for groceries, no real fishing as its cold anyway. 

Home schooling the kids, and spending the work paid bonus on fishing gear :D , but I expect it to be a "poo" fight once things get lifted a bit and ramps will be overrun in no time with people with boats bought because they cannot travel.

Ive met a few people at ramps last season, that spent their yearly holiday money on a boat, or pooled their money together with their mates on a boat. 

edit, some of their holiday money plus the money people took out of super, you can imagine , having $20,000 at your immediate disposal from last lockdown or up to $50,000 for holidays...😐

A new ramp is proposed, but how fast government acts is another thing

Sounds like you're doing everything to the letter Dave. Good that people are spending (on boats or whatever)...It's helping to keep people in a job. We will get through this pandemic but it is going to take a long time and a lot of compliance. The compliance may be an issue though. Cheers mate, look after yourself. bn

23 hours ago, big Neil said:

You don't need me to tell you that this new strain of Covid is presenting additional concerns to the Australian public. It is extremely dangerous and I want to ask each and every one of you to be ultra careful. To the best of my knowledge we haven't had any Fishraiders succumb to it, please do everything possible to keep it that way.

Hopefully we will all come through this and get back into doing what we enjoy most...FISHING.

Take care, bn

Hi Neil, I think this while this is a simple good will message it could also be turned into a larger debate as it has everywhere around the country.

Yes everybody take care BUT everybody needs to also take responsibility for their own action & keep the greater community safe.

Being from Sydney there have been way to many people taking advantage of the rules, visiting places they dont really need to, trying to carry on like life is normal.............when its not!

We all watch the news, if your in an area thats in lockdown adhere to the health advice rules.

I've had both my shots now but if we want life to go back to normal 60-70% of the population will need to be vaccinated.

What is there currently, 12 million people in lockdown??

There has to be a way out of this, the country & the world cannot continue like this forever, or even for months.

Stay at home unless its absolutely necessary!!   

If you have to go out, follow the rules, dont go out if you have symptoms, mask up, physical distance.

Edited by kingie chaser
  • Like 3