Water ski memorabilia

frankS

Hi . Anybody into water skiing OR collecting skiing memorabilia ?.

I have as a give away 1 single ski , it's a Fred Williams social class ski with a metal keel, . My guess is it would be from the 60's or there about. It has a hollowed out section on the bottom. 

Only suitable as an ornament for someone's man cave as the very end of it is starting to rot out due to standing up on damp concrete for the past 20 odd years.

Free to good home just come and pick it up from Berala.

Frank

14 hours ago, big Neil said:

I bet you're having some great flashbacks Frank, as you sort through a lifetime of memorabillia and collectables.

Neil.

Neil. There is so much stuff here I need to get rid of, yes a few memory's with certain items, most of it is just junk that somehow I have hung onto through the years.

If someone else can get a use out of it then it won't go to waste.

Frank

• Like 1

Hi Frank,

I had a pair of those skis.First skis I ever bought.

My first boat was a Hammond Ski boat with a 340 Chrysler motor.

Use to ski on Sydney harbour.

Xmas time, headed to Wingham and ski on the Manning river.

Memories.

• 2 weeks later...

Still got the ski .

Just thought I would mention another item that I have had sitting around rusting away.

It is the motor out of one of my old boats. A ford 351 windsor motor just the block and heads, so long bare motor, I was going to take it to scrap metal and cash it in for a few dollars but I couldn't handle it, so decided to put it up for auction on a popular auction site just to see what would happen.

I put it in at $500 starting price, within 3 days I had 4 offers, 2 from U S A 1 from Canada and one from Camden here in Sydney.

I decided to accept the Sydney offer as the states although very good offers , they would need to have someone come her pick it up box it and ship it over to them. One guy messaged me and said he would have someone here the next day.

The guy who bought it was absolutely over the moon when he saw the motor.

Trash and treasure.

I am still getting text messages from the states wanting to know if the motor is still available. So if anyone has an old V8 laying around, it's not a piece of rusty metal.

Frank

Edited by frankS

11 minutes ago, frankS said:

Still got the ski .

Just thought I would mention another item that I have had sitting around rusting away.

It is the motor out of one of my old boats. A ford 351 windsor motor just the block and heads, so long bare motor, I was going to take it to scrap metal and cash it in for a few dollars but I couldn't handle it, so decided to put it up for auction on a popular auction site just to see what would happen.

I put it in at $500 starting price, within 3 days I had 4 offers, 2 from U S A 1 from Canada and one from Camden here in Sydney.

I decided to accept the Sydney offer as the states although very good offers , they would need to have someone come her pick it up box it and ship it over to them. One guy messaged me and said he would have someone here the next day.

The guy who bought it was absolutely over the moon when he saw the motor.

Trash and treasure.

I am still getting text messages from the states wanting to know if the motor is still available. So if anyone has an old V8 laying around, it's not a piece of rusty metal.

Frank

That's great that you could make the sale Frank. 

Just be careful with scammers on some of those sites. They will tell you that they are away in another country or city at the moment and want to buy. They will then ask if they can use a delivery service, and on it goes.

I am happy your experience has been good.

Here is a site that people can look at to see well known scams or report them 

https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams 

My particular motor was a Police issue. According to the engine block number.

The guy who bought it done some research on it and the motor has a fair bit of documentation and history.

Beginning to think I sold it too cheap, but needed it gone, like a lot of other stuff I have laying around the place.

Frank