berowra waters 4/12/2021

slothparade

Took the kayak out to go for some crabs and bream. Dropped the pots off in the mangroves with a whole mullet and some chicken frames. Then dropped a trap for some poddys.

The water was very murky with all the rain but it was very warm which was nice since I forgot every single bung at Home. 

Casted some grubs along the crusty boats, mangroves and rocks. Then went out into the main channel and differed down with a grub and got a nice bite which broke off after peeling quite a bit of drag. Also had a great take in the entrance to a bay, didn't hook properly but I got some great scales

Also hooked my self and had to pull the hook from 1 side of my thumb to the other to get it out so that sucks. 

Anyways didn't get any poddys or crabs but still a great day.

Any faybout on the water is a good day

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Great report. Bummer about the bungs and the hook through the thumb OUCH !  With bungs, I have then on braid so they can't be lost and always have spares in something that is unlikely to be forgotten and left behind on a trip ... like the tackle bag. 

Cheers Zoran

11 hours ago, Little_Flatty said:

Good report @slothparade.

Any hooking that requires it to be pushed to the other end is a serious one! I guess that is a lesson learned, which will hopefully not be repeated...

Get down there as often as you can over summer and find out what those mystery fish are!

That's the plan. Looking forward

10 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Great report. Bummer about the bungs and the hook through the thumb OUCH !  With bungs, I have then on braid so they can't be lost and always have spares in something that is unlikely to be forgotten and left behind on a trip ... like the tackle bag. 

Cheers Zoran

Good idea with the bungs. I almost forgot my tackle lol. Can't type properly or pick up anything with a bit of weight so it's been pretty crappy.

• Like 1

I love your positive attitude mate! Forgetting the bungs, skewering yourself, no crabs or baitfish, poor results on the water... and still you find the resolve to put a post up on here. I hope your thumb heals up properly and quickly and you can carry your positivity into your next trip on the water. Thanks for sharing your eventful day. bn

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bessell1955 said:

Hooking your self!  You did not have a good day but at least you got out there and had a go.

hahaha. beats a day at school

ill probably have to think about getting stitches. Its deep and about 2-3 cm long. Ive wrapped it up in gauses and been cleaning it out with alachol - absolutely kills but after a little while the stinging feels nice

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, slothparade said:

ill probably have to think about getting stitches. Its deep and about 2-3 cm long. Ive wrapped it up in gauses and been cleaning it out with alachol - absolutely kills but after a little while the stinging feels nice

7 hours ago, slothparade said:
8 hours ago, bessell1955 said:

Hooking your self!  You did not have a good day but at least you got out there and had a go.

Anybody ever thought you might be a masochist? bn