Mixed day

Bryant fish

Hi reasonably late start for me not sure about weather so brooklyn at around 6am parking already 95 % gone. Poor bigger next to me on ramp boat already tied up his old pajero won't start I hope he got sorted would have been a nightmare for bloke at busiest time of year. Headed out past barrenjoey to try for my usual blue spots fairly big swell but not too bad.tried for about  1 1/2 hours but swell not getting  better and drifting way too fast. Did get a few undersized and busted off by something good (only 20 pound paternoster).Ok head back into pittwater see if I can get some squid caught 2 small ones on white jigs will keep  for bait.i have a twin setup and 1 motor kept turning prop over when turned off when I looked a bit later 1 of linkages had come off love having to fix shit on the water. Got a big flounder for elderly friend than started winding in thinking another flounder or small flathead (Got a few but even if legal I prefer 50_60 cm) not much fight get to the boat what I think is a shovelnose shark a bloody flathead around a mtr.this would be second  ive caught around  mtr Mark but didn't land this 1 she spat hook at boat I would have loved a photo but would have let  her go anyway  but made an ordinary day 1 to remember 

• Like 5

Your report sounds like a standard sort of report to me. Mixed bag of fish, some caught, some lost...problems with the boat/motor, somebody having a crap day at the ramp. All fairly normal, common occurrences when you think about it. Main thing is you got out there, had some fun and can look forward to doing it all again. Fishing is just the best, isn't it? Thanks for sharing your day with us...

bn

Great report - pity you didn’t get to measure the flattie (and release hopefully). Bummer about the outboard linkage - at least it was an easy fix. Look forward to your next report - I’m just starting to revisit Broken Bay, so good to hear how you go.