Keen Sydney fisherman seeking experience on a boat and making new mates

Lukeh

G'day everyone,

My name is Luke (34). I'm a long time reader of the forum and first time poster. I've been fishing Sydney since I was old enough to hold a rod and am always keen to make new friends and go on new fishing adventures. 

I've been primarily land based, but have hired a boat in Pittwater a number of times. My favourite fish to target are the ones the fight hard (Kingfish and other pelagic species), but also enjoy chasing bread and butter species, as well as catching live bait like squid, yellowtail and cuttlefish. I'm a sustainable fisherman and only keep the bare minimum and sometimes none at all - 90% of what I catch goes back into the drink.

I'd like to get more experience in boating and boat fishing but I don't currently know anyone who has their own boat. if there any experienced boat fishos here who need crew for the day, I'd jump at the opportunity to learn the ropes (Launching, reloading, general boatmanship and of course - fishing from a boat!).  Of course going on someone's boat is a privilege so I'd like to help in any area I can. I'm a quick learner and a hard worker and am happy to jump into the deep end to learn the ropes. I can contribute petrol, lunch for the day (Wife is a great cook) ,and of course help clean the boat and equipment after the trip. I have all of my own fishing gear and am happy to share equipment and tackle.

I do plan to get my first boat within the next year or two,  so i'm also looking to make new friends who would be keen to go out with me once I'm more experienced in boating as well.

Happy to finally be a member of this great forum which has already given so much knowledge to me! 

Cheers!

Luke

thumbnail_IMG-4726.thumb.jpg.652f0f5df7cd0bc6510bb2225f190223.jpg

• Like 4

On 2/12/2022 at 4:07 PM, motiondave said:

@Pickles would be the man to talk to as a start.

Where are you located though...

Many thanks for the advice Dave. I'm located in the Hills district in Northwest Sydney. Happy to travel anywhere in the greater Sydney region.

On 2/12/2022 at 5:04 PM, Pickles said:

Hi Lukeh, happy for you to PM me, have the boat and plenty of time - just need your car and tow my boat (I’ll explain if you don’t get a better offer)

Thanks very much for the offer Pickles! PM inbound!

• 1 month later...
On 4/1/2022 at 11:51 AM, dlvbw said:

Hey Lukeh - PM me too. I am quite often looking for crew. Generally chasing kingies, dollies or flatties.

Cheers

D

@Lukeh Duncan is an excellent fisherman, top bloke and well set up “Kingie chaser” Tinnie - always welcome with me, but with him, you wouldnt need to pull the boat.

30 minutes ago, Pickles said:

@Lukeh Duncan is an excellent fisherman, top bloke and well set up “Kingie chaser” Tinnie - always welcome with me, but with him, you wouldnt need to pull the boat.

HAHA - I learned it all from you Bob!!! 

Luke. If you are still looking I may be able to take you out and you can virtually skipper my boat, I can run you through the basics and it's up to you how far you want to take charge.

I need someone that can back my boat trailer down to the water and load the boat onto it. The boat and trailer is drive on with my home made boat catch so it's a one up operation once you learn how to drive boat onto trailer.

I would assist all I can but my health is such that I am more a hinderance than help .

Only thing is I don't like week ends or holiday fishing.

I do overnight trips occasionally and I like going down to Bermagui for a few days at a time whenever possibly, I have free accommodation in Cobargo ( near Bermi ) I also like going to Lake StClair for a few days Bass fishing and that is camping, I sleep in my car but have all the tents and gear for camping so you could set up the tent, your wife would be welcome and the tent is big enough for you both to be comfortable overnight.

If this suit's you give me a PM.

Frank

• 4 months later...