Loud music

frankS

Hi guys. I have been watching a few more than usual Utube videos lately and although not new I have been getting very irritated about the volume of music in the videos. And it's not a one of thing it's every bloody video going about. You are listening to the commentary and watching a nice tranquil scene and all of a sudden the music starts blaring out and almost knocks you off the chair.

Why is the music always 5 times the volume of the rest of the video, I get sick and tired of adjusting the sound up to hear what is being talked about then have to turn the sound way down low when the music comes on.

Don't these people that make the video's watch them ?. 

Is it just me cause I am an old grump OR do others find it irritating ?.

Movies are the same, they whisper so low you can't hear the story line and then action starts and the music is deafening.

Frank

• Like 2

ive neer had that problem but if its every video maybe its your computer? 

Maybe its under the equilizer tab in the control panel (I think its there) 

Thats the only probalem I can think of. I used to have the same thing happening on my computer and audio system. 

maybe have a watch of this video and see if it does the same thing, because its 100% find for me.

some movies in parts are like that but I personally have never had a problem. 

Hope this helps

You're just an old grump Frank. I have the same problem too but look at it differently. I find the ads on TV to be substantially louder than the programme I'm watching. So I just count the turning down, then back up, of the volume as part of my exercise regime. My fingers already feel thinner. Cheers, bn

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

It's actually quite complicated, the volume can not be just "turned up" on TV, but what they do is, increase the amount of noise, it's not louder (but it sure sounds like it) there is just much more.

4 hours ago, frankS said:

Hi guys. I have been watching a few more than usual Utube videos lately and although not new I have been getting very irritated about the volume of music in the videos. And it's not a one of thing it's every bloody video going about. You are listening to the commentary and watching a nice tranquil scene and all of a sudden the music starts blaring out and almost knocks you off the chair.

Why is the music always 5 times the volume of the rest of the video, I get sick and tired of adjusting the sound up to hear what is being talked about then have to turn the sound way down low when the music comes on.

Don't these people that make the video's watch them ?. 

Is it just me cause I am an old grump OR do others find it irritating ?.

Movies are the same, they whisper so low you can't hear the story line and then action starts and the music is deafening.

Frank

Do what I do.If the music annoys me within seconds I switch off.Pet hate of mine regardless of how good the video is.(After I've brought it to their attention).

Music has spoilt some fantastic videos over the years for me and they've lost a subscriber.Their loss not mine.

I tell them in comments.When I know they've seen comments or comment back and next video is the same it's hasta la vista.

Life's too short to worry about idiots like that mate.

Edited by Fab1

2 hours ago, big Neil said:

You're just an old grump Frank. I have the same problem too but look at it differently. I find the ads on TV to be substantially louder than the programme I'm watching. So I just count the turning down, then back up, of the volume as part of my exercise regime. My fingers already feel thinner. Cheers, bn

Don't worry that happens for us as well, as a family we will be watching a show then a tv ad comes on the it blows our ears off and its a race to find the remote to turn the volume off the time being.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There is one exception and that is T A FISHING it's a pommy guy old chap like me and he does all his own filming editing and everything, he does have music in his videos but it is at the same volume level as his voice and I don't mind that.

Probably why it's one of the few fishing videos I bother to watch.

TV adds don't bother me as I don't watch T V . anything I want to watch on T V ( which is not much ) I tape and watch at a later time and I skip through the adds.

Frank

• Like 1

4 hours ago, frankS said:

There is one exception and that is T A FISHING it's a pommy guy old chap like me and he does all his own filming editing and everything, he does have music in his videos but it is at the same volume level as his voice and I don't mind that.

Probably why it's one of the few fishing videos I bother to watch.

TV adds don't bother me as I don't watch T V . anything I want to watch on T V ( which is not much ) I tape and watch at a later time and I skip through the adds.

Frank

Old Grahame and Mike.Been watching since first episode.He loves his pallet wood.😂😂Fish Lockyer is doing well too.

Been going 10yrs already.

Edited by Fab1