Port Stephens- I FINALLY DONE IT 💪

Scratchie

Hi all…..what a memorable day it was.we got smoked a heap of times.very tense times while Jeff was trying to land that cobe on snapper gear.my stuff up with the gaff had me feeling sick in the gut,thinking if we lose it,its my fault.but Jeff’s a master fisherman and knows what he’s doing,so all was good.

well done mate…

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, back cruncher said:

Hi all…..what a memorable day it was.we got smoked a heap of times.very tense times while Jeff was trying to land that cobe on snapper gear.my stuff up with the gaff had me feeling sick in the gut,thinking if we lose it,its my fault.but Jeff’s a master fisherman and knows what he’s doing,so all was good.

well done mate…

Was a memorable day indeed mate! 
Cobia are notorious for dropping gaffs and I did think it was all over. But we finally won one in the end! Your up next champ! 🤙

Nice cobra I agree they are a hard fighting fish and many get lost at the gaff.

Few years back we struck a school on the north coast 4 fish in a row broke the leader, we were using  80lb jinkai. We finally Landed a 23 kg fish. We were only fishing 15 kg mono outfits.

2 hours ago, hookerbruce said:

Nice cobra I agree they are a hard fighting fish and many get lost at the gaff.

Few years back we struck a school on the north coast 4 fish in a row broke the leader, we were using  80lb jinkai. We finally Landed a 23 kg fish. We were only fishing 15 kg mono outfits.

Thanks Bruce! Yes they are renown for dropping the gaff. They fight totally different to most fish too! Reckon I had one on over the 20kg mark. But on 20lb leader the odds were certainly in its favour! 23kg is a good fish! Well done 👍 

1 hour ago, Rock&Beach said:

That's awesome Scratchie. How crazy is that you go fishing for one thing and you catch a surprise. Great Cobia.

Thanks mate! We are always targeting snapper but we could tell that there was a few more decent fish getting around! Just one of those magic days!