Shoal Bay Quick Flick

bobthelob2341

Headed up to Port Stephens for work and stopped by Shoal Bay for lunch. Was meant to be windy and raining all day but there was a lull in the weather, so I decided to head to to the wharf for a quick flick for a squid or something. 

Started throwing around a squid jig and now long after a few bust ups started popping up, quickly switched to a metal and hooked up on a few good sized tailor. Got 4 in the span of 30min, not bad for an spontaneous session. 3927DEE7-8230-4E1D-B0C6-62B5B2BC4EE4.thumb.jpeg.0bc7dec4a271c6d28a38c5298824742f.jpeg

• Like 13

30 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

Always have the metal in your tackle box! You've reaped the rewards of that!

Love a spontaneous session.

25 minutes ago, masterfisho7 said:

Tailor on metals can be great fun well done 

5 minutes ago, Isaac Ct said:

Great stuff mate, tailor will take almost anything.

Well done.

Cheers guys, when I started the metal was fresh out the pack and after 4 fish it ended up like this.68C34032-2F8E-419F-AF11-8AACC7BDF8F4.thumb.jpeg.a91fe0f1828ff5dfc6ecb167567ab6da.jpeg

I guess they don’t make them how they used to, might stick to raiders and twisty’s. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, bobthelob2341 said:

Cheers guys, when I started the metal was fresh out the pack and after 4 fish it ended up like this.68C34032-2F8E-419F-AF11-8AACC7BDF8F4.thumb.jpeg.a91fe0f1828ff5dfc6ecb167567ab6da.jpeg

I guess they don’t make them how they used to, might stick to raiders and twisty’s. 

It'd still work! Paint it white if that worries you, but otherwise leave it as it is.

24 minutes ago, Little_Flatty said:

It'd still work! Paint it white if that worries you, but otherwise leave it as it is.

I reckon lures look better after losing some paint, just wished it would’ve lasted more that 4 fish. 

14 hours ago, bobthelob2341 said:

I love those Gillies white bait lures especially the 40 and 60 gm they catch a lot of tailor, bonito and smaller tuna but I hate the way they lose paint so quickly. Gillies need to look into this for their production process.

3 hours ago, LuckyFil said:

I love those Gillies white bait lures especially the 40 and 60 gm they catch a lot of tailor, bonito and smaller tuna but I hate the way they lose paint so quickly. Gillies need to look into this for their production process.

Yeah they do have a problem of losing their paint, I was considering using a thin clear coat to have them last a bit longer.