Port Hacking Session

bobthelob2341

Headed out early this morning to Port Hacking in search of some more squid and a kingfish or two. Tried some shallow spots in the Port but the water quality was too dirty and decided to push out deeper for some squid.

Flicked out some hardbodies and trolled towards Jibbon Bommie, and picked up 2 bonnie’s for bait. Came out to the marks and the current was pushing fast, but marked some nice fish on the sounder so decided to fish it with fresh bonito slabs. Drifted down on a 4/0 hook and light sinker with 14lb leader, eventually found its way into the mouth of a 63cm snapper. 

9C293414-D25E-41F3-BAC6-818D0E3AE3F6.thumb.jpeg.0052a52cf59c443cadb509212a94672b.jpeg

New pb for me and went well on bream gear, after that we got a couple rat kings and the sweep showed up so we went home. 

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Great snapper mate, well done

I might try and head out tomorrow, how dirty is it around lilli pilli?

rather brown. the mouth of the hacking, into gunners is alright but nowhere near as good as it should  be.

anyway real good snapper there, congrats. any squid?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Isaac Ct said:

Great snapper mate, well done

I might try and head out tomorrow, how dirty is it around lilli pilli?

Thanks mate, didn’t go around lilli pilli but towards Gunnamatta Bay it was all pretty greenish brown. Good luck tomorrow if you’re heading out.

7 hours ago, masterfisho7 said:

Nice snapper top effort 

Cheers mate

5 hours ago, Rebel said:

Top report.

Well done.

Top Snapper.

Thanks

56 minutes ago, Larkin said:

Nice red mate! And on light gear!

will make a nice feed

Cheers mate, it put up a good fight I’m surprised how many good fish I’ve landed on my bream setup.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Restyle said:

rather brown. the mouth of the hacking, into gunners is alright but nowhere near as good as it should  be.

anyway real good snapper there, congrats. any squid?

No squid today, the rain from this week mucked up the water, and the currents were ripping so fast I couldn’t keep a squid jig down even with a large sinker in 15m.