Big chain store - no love

lastworm

Anyone else no longer receiving birthday vouchers or the occasional random loyalty voucher from a certain big chain tackle store that shall not be named?

I made a complaint a couple of years back after being overcharged for some expensive sunglasses that were supposed to be at sale price, and I wonder if I’ve been back listed? I also rarely shop there without some kind of voucher as an incentive so wonder if they’ve picked up on my scent.

Anyone else had similar experience?

Come to think of it I haven’t had one for a while but they do keep pestering me to review a recent purchase 🤬

Now that these chain stores have destroyed the small tackle shops they will probably stop all the promotions and put the prices up - after all where else will you go ?

I didn’t think it was just me. Unfortunately in my case these little incentives and loyalty offers where what got me in store. I find that their stock is rarely updated, and I basically know their items by heart, so don’t find myself killing half an hour browsing there like I would my local tackle stores.

I have also noticed their prices going up, and their “reduced” or “members only” price in lures is now what the pre-discounted price was before. So they’re no longer willing to take a hit on their profit margin.