Fish finders - Sydney retail options

essjay

Guys/Gals

I am possibly in the market for a new fish finder as my lowrance is playing up and getting long in the tooth ( elite Ti). Are there any retail stores that have them out on display and connected up so you can explore the user interfaces and see how they work?

Tried checking out the stuff at Whitworths (Crowsnest) but they had them in boxes behind glass. 

All suggestions welcome

Depending on how urgent it is, the boat show is on soon! (not that I think there's any real specials) but at least you might see a few different brands.

Edited by noelm
  • Like 1

as Nolem said if you can wait till the show you can tyre kick all the brands and squeeze a deal out of one of them.best thing is they will show you all the  different features which brands have to offer cheers dunc333

The boat show would be your best bet as the major brands have them set up for demos.   You also can check out the latest models as there is nothing worse than making a purchase and finding out there was something else  that suits you better.   Ron 

There is no guarantee that they will have stock for sale at the show as there is still a worldwide shortage of microprocessors - same goes for outboards . 
Might be worth the effort to shoot an email to the Australian distributors of the brands you are looking at buying to see what they say . You will definitely be able to  look at them at the show but might have to wait a while to get your hands on the current models .

Edited by XD351